Susan L Zickmund
- Perceived barriers to hepatitis C therapy for patients receiving opioid agonist treatmentSusan L Zickmund
Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, 7180 Highland Drive 151C H, Pittsburgh, PA 15206, USA
J Addict Med 6:233-9. 2012..To explore attitudes toward hepatitis C antiviral therapy in a real-world setting, we asked patients in opioid agonist treatment who were offered antiviral therapy about perceived barriers to initiating therapy...
- Mental and physical symptoms associated with lower social support for patients with hepatitis CJulie A Blasiole
Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System 151C U University Drive C, Pittsburgh PA 15240, USA
World J Gastroenterol 12:4665-72. 2006..To systematically examine the impact of the hepatitis C virus (HCV) diagnosis on patients' level of social support in a large-scale study...
- Promoting patient phronesis: communication patterns in an online lifestyle program coordinated with primary careJohn J Rief
Cathedral of Learning 1117, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Health Educ Behav 40:311-22. 2013....
- Informed consent for inguinal herniorrhaphy and cholecystectomy: describing how patients make decisions to have surgeryDaniel E Hall
Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, Pittsburgh, PA 15206, USA
Am J Surg 204:619-25. 2012..We describe how patients perceive the process of informed consent and its influence on decision making for elective surgery...
- Majority of patients with hepatitis C express physical, mental, and social difficulties with antiviral treatmentSusan L Zickmund
Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 18:381-8. 2006..However, treatment is long and is associated with significant side-effects. We investigated difficulties with this treatment as it is an important factor in patient adherence...
- A systematic review of provider knowledge of hepatitis C: is it enough for a complex disease?Susan L Zickmund
VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15240, USA
Dig Dis Sci 52:2550-6. 2007..We conclude that while healthcare providers understand the nature of hepatitis C, important knowledge gaps persist, which may constitute barriers to appropriate therapy...
- Interest in the use of computerized patient portals: role of the provider-patient relationshipSusan L Zickmund
Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, 151C U, University Drive C, Pittsburgh, PA 15240, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:20-6. 2008..However, little is known about what influences patients' desires to use this technology...
- Norms of decision making in the ICU: a case study of two academic medical centers at the extremes of end-of-life treatment intensityAmber E Barnato
Center for Research on Health Care, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15221, USA
Intensive Care Med 38:1886-96. 2012..To explore norms of decision making regarding life-sustaining treatments (LSTs) at two academic medical centers (AMCs) that contribute to their opposite extremes of end-of-life ICU use...