Susan L Zickmund
- Racial Differences in Satisfaction with VA Health Care: A Mixed Methods Pilot StudySusan L Zickmund
VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion, University Drive 151C, Building 30, Pittsburgh, PA, 15240, USA
J Racial Ethn Health Disparities 2:317-29. 2015..As satisfied patients are more adherent and play a more active role in their own care, a better understanding of factors associated with patient satisfaction is important...
- Perceived barriers to hepatitis C therapy for patients receiving opioid agonist treatmentSusan L Zickmund
Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, 7180 Highland Drive 151C H, Pittsburgh, PA 15206, USA
J Addict Med 6:233-9. 2012..To explore attitudes toward hepatitis C antiviral therapy in a real-world setting, we asked patients in opioid agonist treatment who were offered antiviral therapy about perceived barriers to initiating therapy...
- Mental and physical symptoms associated with lower social support for patients with hepatitis CJulie A Blasiole
Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System 151C U University Drive C, Pittsburgh PA 15240, USA
World J Gastroenterol 12:4665-72. 2006..To systematically examine the impact of the hepatitis C virus (HCV) diagnosis on patients' level of social support in a large-scale study...
- Promoting patient phronesis: communication patterns in an online lifestyle program coordinated with primary careJohn J Rief
Cathedral of Learning 1117, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15260, USA
Health Educ Behav 40:311-22. 2013....
- Norms of decision making in the ICU: a case study of two academic medical centers at the extremes of end-of-life treatment intensityAmber E Barnato
Center for Research on Health Care, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 15221, USA
Intensive Care Med 38:1886-96. 2012..To explore norms of decision making regarding life-sustaining treatments (LSTs) at two academic medical centers (AMCs) that contribute to their opposite extremes of end-of-life ICU use...
- Informed consent for inguinal herniorrhaphy and cholecystectomy: describing how patients make decisions to have surgeryDaniel E Hall
Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, Pittsburgh, PA 15206, USA
Am J Surg 204:619-25. 2012..We describe how patients perceive the process of informed consent and its influence on decision making for elective surgery...
- Readiness to Implement an Evidence-Based Psychotherapy: Perspectives of Community Mental Health Clinicians and AdministratorsMegan Hamm
Dr Hamm and Ms Williams are with the Center for Research on Health Care Data Center, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Ms Nikolajski is with the Center for High Value Health Care, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh Ms Celedonia and Dr Stein are with RAND Corporation, Pittsburgh Dr Stein is also with the Department of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, where Dr Frank and Dr Swartz are affiliated Dr Zickmund is with the Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion, U S Department of Veterans Affairs Pittsburgh Healthcare System, Pittsburgh Send correspondence to Dr Stein e mail
Psychiatr Serv 66:1109-12. 2015..This study explored perceived facilitators and barriers related to implementing interpersonal and social rhythm therapy (IPSRT), an evidence-based psychotherapy for bipolar disorder...
- Cholecystectomy for biliary dyskinesia: how did we get there?Klaus Bielefeldt
Divisions of Gastroenterology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, 200 Lothrop St, Pittsburgh, PA, 15213, USA
Dig Dis Sci 59:2850-63. 2014..The focus of biliary dyskinesia (BD) shifted within the last 30 years, moving from symptoms after cholecystectomy (CCY) to symptoms with morphological normal gallbladder, but low gallbladder ejection fraction...
- Predicting cancer mortality: Developing a new cancer care variable using mixed methods and the quasi-statistical approachSusan L Zickmund
Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, Pittsburgh, PA Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA
Health Serv Res 48:2208-23. 2013..To demonstrate the value of using a variable derived from qualitative analysis in subsequent quantitative analyses...
- Interest in the use of computerized patient portals: role of the provider-patient relationshipSusan L Zickmund
Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion, VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, 151C U, University Drive C, Pittsburgh, PA 15240, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:20-6. 2008..However, little is known about what influences patients' desires to use this technology...
- A systematic review of provider knowledge of hepatitis C: is it enough for a complex disease?Susan L Zickmund
VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System, Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion, Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15240, USA
Dig Dis Sci 52:2550-6. 2007..We conclude that while healthcare providers understand the nature of hepatitis C, important knowledge gaps persist, which may constitute barriers to appropriate therapy...
- Majority of patients with hepatitis C express physical, mental, and social difficulties with antiviral treatmentSusan L Zickmund
Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 18:381-8. 2006..However, treatment is long and is associated with significant side-effects. We investigated difficulties with this treatment as it is an important factor in patient adherence...