Rachael J Pohle-Krauza
Affiliation: Youngstown State University
- Dietary restraint and menstrual cycle phase modulated L-phenylalanine-induced satietyRachael J Pohle-Krauza
Department of Nutrition and Exercise Science, School of Public Health and Health Professions, State University of New York at Buffalo, 15 Farber Hall, Buffalo, NY 14214 8001, USA
Physiol Behav 93:851-61. 2008..Further studies are needed to replicate these findings and examine other aspects of satiety that may be altered by rigid restraint status...
- Age and gender exert differential effects on blood lipids in patients after LAGB and LRYGBRachael J Pohle-Krauza
Department of Human Ecology, Youngstown State University, Youngstown, Ohio, USA
Surg Obes Relat Dis 7:170-5. 2011..The aim of the present study was to examine the interactive effects of gender, age, and surgery type on dyslipidimia in bariatric surgery patients at a tertiary hospital in the United States...
- Effects of L-phenylalanine on energy intake in overweight and obese women: interactions with dietary restraint statusRachael J Pohle-Krauza
Department of Nutrition and Exercise Science, University at Buffalo, 15 Farber Hall, Buffalo, NY 14214 8001, United States
Appetite 51:111-9. 2008..These results suggest that the satiety response to Phe is modulated by rigid restraint status and that reductions in food intake occur independently of Phe's effects on nausea...
- Body Mass Index Moderates the Effects of Portable Oxygen Transport Modality on 6-Minute Walk Distance in Patients With COPDRachael J Pohle-Krauza
Department of Human Ecology, Youngstown State University, Youngstown, Ohio Dr Pohle Krauza Summa Health System, Akron City Hospital, Akron, Ohio Drs McCarroll, Latta, DiNuoscio, and Krauza and Mr Pannikottu Northeast Ohio Medical University, Rootstown Mr Gothard Children s Hospital Medical Center, Akron, Ohio Ms Volsko and Biotstats, Inc, Canton, Ohio Mr Gothard
J Cardiopulm Rehabil Prev 34:62-8. 2014..As weight status is known to impact functional ability in COPD, effects of body mass index (BMI) were also assessed...
- Use of the Breathlessness, Cough, and Sputum Scale (BCSS(©)) in Pulmonary RehabilitationMichele L McCarroll
Summa Center for Women s Health Research, Summa Health System Akron, Ohio, USA
Open Respir Med J 7:1-5. 2013..This study used the BCSS(©) survey to track complex symptom changes throughout the course of PR intervention. The BCSS(©) tool measured the patient's self reported symptoms in real time for each visit when patient enrolled in PR...
- Active learning in the classroom: a muscle identification game in a kinesiology courseMichele L McCarroll
Departments of Human Performance and Exercise Science, Youngstown State University, Youngstown, OH 44555 0001, USA
Adv Physiol Educ 33:319-22. 2009..05) compared with class B (73.7 +/- 15.6). The results show that an interactive game may contribute to improved final grades in a KAA course and could be an alternative means of disseminating kinesiology information...