Affiliation: Yale University
- Zheng T, Holford T, Mayne S, Tessari J, Owens P, Zahm S, et al. Environmental exposure to hexachlorobenzene (HCB) and risk of female breast cancer in Connecticut. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 1999;8:407-11 pubmed..1 (95% CI, 0.5-8.8) for the third tertile when compared with the lowest based on few subjects. Therefore, our study does not support a positive association between environmental exposure to HCB and risk of breast cancer. ..
- Mao Y, Fu A, Leaderer D, Zheng T, Chen K, Zhu Y. Potential cancer-related role of circadian gene TIMELESS suggested by expression profiling and in vitro analyses. BMC Cancer. 2013;13:498 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a potential role for TIMELESS in tumorigenesis, which warrants further investigation of TIMELESS expression as a potential biomarker of cancer susceptibility and prognostic outcome. ..
- Hoffman A, Zheng T, Ba Y, Stevens R, Yi C, Leaderer D, et al. Phenotypic effects of the circadian gene Cryptochrome 2 on cancer-related pathways. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:110 pubmed publisher..Future investigations may focus on identifying the mechanisms by which CRY2 may regulate the expression of transcripts with known relevance for carcinogenesis. ..
- Zheng T, Zahm S, Cantor K, Weisenburger D, Zhang Y, Blair A. Agricultural exposure to carbamate pesticides and risk of non-Hodgkin lymphoma. J Occup Environ Med. 2001;43:641-9 pubmed..These results suggest an increased risk of NHL associated with carbamate pesticide use, particularly Sevin. Further investigation of the association is warranted...
- Zheng T, Holford T, Zahm S, Owens P, Boyle P, Zhang Y, et al. Glutathione S-transferase M1 and T1 genetic polymorphisms, alcohol consumption and breast cancer risk. Br J Cancer. 2003;88:58-62 pubmed..In conclusion, alcohol consumption may increase breast cancer risk among those who carry susceptible GST genotypes. ..