Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Yale University
- Molecular phylogeny of the antiangiogenic and neurotrophic serpin, pigment epithelium derived factor in vertebratesXuming Xu
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
BMC Genomics 7:248. 2006..Defining the molecular phylogeny of PEDF by bioinformatic analysis is one approach to understanding the link between its gene structure and its function in these biological processes...
- A biphasic pattern of gene expression during mouse retina developmentSamuel Shao Min Zhang
Departments of Ophthalmology and Visual Science, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
BMC Dev Biol 6:48. 2006..We investigated expression patterns of retina transcripts during the major embryonic and postnatal developmental stages to provide a systematic view of normal mouse retina development,..
- Coexpression networks implicate human midfetal deep cortical projection neurons in the pathogenesis of autismA Jeremy Willsey
Department of Genetics, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA Department of Psychiatry, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Cell 155:997-1007. 2013..This approach informs when, where, and in what cell types mutations in these specific genes may be productively studied to clarify ASD pathophysiology. ..
- Spatio-temporal transcriptome of the human brainHyo Jung Kang
Department of Neurobiology and Kavli Institute for Neuroscience, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Nature 478:483-9. 2011..This study provides a comprehensive data set on the human brain transcriptome and insights into the transcriptional foundations of human neurodevelopment...
- Comprehensive in silico functional specification of mouse retina transcriptsSamuel Shao Min Zhang
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, 310 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
BMC Genomics 6:40. 2005..In this study, we have integrated computational bioinformatics and microarray experimental approaches to classify the tissue specificity and developmental distribution of mouse retina transcripts...
- PEDF and the serpins: phylogeny, sequence conservation, and functional domainsJoyce Tombran-Tink
Division of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, MO 64110, USA
J Struct Biol 151:130-50. 2005..Our results suggest that secretion is required for PEDF's activity, that PEDF can migrate to the nucleus, and that PEDF has structural and functional features more common with inhibitory serpins...
- Expression of ZnT and ZIP zinc transporters in the human RPE and their regulation by neurotrophic factorsKar Wah Leung
Department of Neural and Behavioral Sciences, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:1221-31. 2008..The expression and regulation of zinc transporters in the RPE and the toxicity of zinc to these cells were examined...