Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Yale University
- Jia X, Weber E, Tokarev A, Lewinski M, Rizk M, Suarez M, et al. Structural basis of HIV-1 Vpu-mediated BST2 antagonism via hijacking of the clathrin adaptor protein complex 1. elife. 2014;3:e02362 pubmed publisher..The ability of Vpu to hijack AP-dependent trafficking pathways suggests a potential common theme for Vpu-mediated downregulation of host proteins.DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7554/eLife.02362.001. ..
- Ji X, Tang C, Zhao Q, Wang W, Xiong Y. Structural basis of cellular dNTP regulation by SAMHD1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:E4305-14 pubmed publisher..These results establish a complete framework for a mechanistic understanding of the important functions of SAMHD1 in the regulation of cellular dNTP levels, as well as in HIV restriction and the pathogenesis of CLL and AGS. ..
- al Yacoub N, Shaheen R, Awad S, Kunhi M, Dzimiri N, Nguyen H, et al. FBXO32, encoding a member of the SCF complex, is mutated in dilated cardiomyopathy. Genome Biol. 2016;17:2 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that abnormal SCF activity with subsequent impairment of the autophagic flux due to a novel FBXO32 mutation is implicated in the pathogenesis of DCM. ..
- Buzovetsky O, Kwon Y, Pham N, Kim C, Ira G, Sung P, et al. Role of the Pif1-PCNA Complex in Pol ?-Dependent Strand Displacement DNA Synthesis and Break-Induced Replication. Cell Rep. 2017;21:1707-1714 pubmed publisher..These results provide insights into the role of the Pif1-PCNA-Pol ? ensemble during DNA break repair by homologous recombination. ..
- Buzovetsky O, Tang C, Knecht K, Antonucci J, Wu L, Ji X, et al. The SAM domain of mouse SAMHD1 is critical for its activation and regulation. Nat Commun. 2018;9:411 pubmed publisher..Our results provide insights into the regulation of SAMHD1 activity, thereby facilitating the improvement of HIV mouse models and the development of new therapies for certain cancers and autoimmune diseases. ..