A B Williams
Affiliation: Yale University
- Adherence to highly active antiretroviral therapyA B Williams
Yale School of Nursing, New Haven, Connecticut 06519, USA
Nurs Clin North Am 34:113-29. 1999..Patients adherence to these regimens is an essential antecedent to therapeutic effectiveness. Nursing interventions to improve adherence target the patient, the clinician, and the regimen...
- Home visits to improve adherence to highly active antiretroviral therapy: a randomized controlled trialAnn B Williams
Yale University School of Nursing, New Haven, CT 06536, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 42:314-21. 2006..Data are needed to justify the use of limited resources for these programs...
- Effectiveness of an HIV/AIDS educational programme for Chinese nursesAnn B Williams
Yale School of Nursing, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
J Adv Nurs 53:710-20. 2006..This paper reports a study examining the effect of a multifaceted HIV/AIDS educational intervention on the knowledge, attitudes and willingness of Chinese nurses in caring for patients with human immunodeficiency virus...
- Gynecologic care for women with HIV infectionAnn B Williams
Yale School of Nursing, New Haven, CT 06536 0740, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 32:87-93. 2003..Drug interactions may limit the effectiveness or increase the toxicities associated with hormonal contraception. Intrauterine devices are contraindicated...
- Adjusting and censoring electronic monitoring device data. Implications for study outcomesKristopher P Fennie
Yale University School of Nursing New Haven, Connecticut 06536, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 43:S88-95. 2006..Recommendations are given regarding what information should be included in publications that report results based on EMD data so as to facilitate comparisons between studies...
- Hormonal contraception and metabolic outcomes in women with or at risk for HIV infectionJulie A Womack
Yale University School of Nursing, New Haven, CT, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 52:581-7. 2009..We investigated the association of progestin-only and combined (estrogen/progestin) HC with disorders of glucose and lipid metabolism in HIV-infected and uninfected women...
- Electronic monitoring device event modelling on an individual-subject basis using adaptive Poisson regressionGeorge J Knafl
School of Nursing, Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA
Stat Med 23:783-801. 2004..Models are compared using k-fold likelihood cross-validation...
- Incidence of anal cytological abnormalities in a cohort of human immunodeficiency virus-infected womenAmanda J Durante
Connecticut Emerging Infections Program, Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 12:638-42. 2003..Continued research on the association between smoking and the development of squamous intraepithelial lesions in HIV-infected women is warranted...
- Evaluation of two self-care treatments for prevention of vaginal candidiasis in women with HIVA B Williams
Yale University School of Nursing, USA
J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care 12:51-7. 2001..09, log rank test) compared with placebo. Vaginal yeast infections can be prevented with local therapy. Education about self-care for prophylaxis of VC should be offered to HIV-infected women...
- Kitchen table wisdom: a Freirian approach to medication adherenceAnn B Williams
Yale School of Nursing, CT, USA
J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care 16:3-12. 2005....
- HIV in ChinaJ Burgess
CT AIDS Education and Training Center, Yale University School of Nursing, USA
J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care 12:39-47. 2001..Follow-up training programs are essential. Successful HIV/AIDS education requires teachers and students to examine personal and cultural values to address the affective learning domain...
- Home-based study of anti-HIV drug regimen adherence among HIV-infected women: feasibility and preliminary resultsA J Durante
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
AIDS Care 15:103-15. 2003..This finding is consistent with other research suggesting that adherence is associated with an understanding and belief in the effectiveness of antiretroviral therapy...
- Use of electronic monitoring devices to measure antiretroviral adherence: practical considerationsCarol A Bova
Graduate School of Nursing and Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Massachusetts, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
AIDS Behav 9:103-10. 2005..Results of this study suggest that EMDs may underestimate antiretroviral adherence among HIV-infected adults. Recommendations for improving EMD data quality are presented...
- Adherence to antiretroviral medication among HIV-positive patients in ThailandWantana Limkulpong Maneesriwongul
Community Health Nursing Division, Nursing Department, Ramathibodi Faculty of Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 43:S119-22. 2006..However, these data confirm that adherence is only 1 factor that determines the effectiveness of ARV treatment. Duration of treatment was associated with virologic failure, controlling for adherence...
- Human rights and the ethic of care: a framework for health research and practicePhilip Alcabes
Program in Urban Public Health, Hunter College School of Health Sciences, City University of New York, USA
Yale J Health Policy Law Ethics 2:229-54. 2002
- The health care relationship (HCR) trust scale: development and psychometric evaluationCarol Bova
University of Massachusetts Worcester, Graduate School of Nursing, Worcester, MA 01655, USA
Res Nurs Health 29:477-88. 2006..More work is needed to test the usefulness of the scale with a greater number of patients and in other chronic illness populations...
- Changing knowledge, behavior, and practice related to universal precautions among hospital nurses in ChinaJin Huang
Department of Nursing, Second Xiang Ya Hospital, Central South University, Changsha, People's Republic of China
J Contin Educ Nurs 33:217-24. 2002..CONCLUSION: Although educational training significantly improved Chinese nurses' knowledge, practice, and behavior related to universal precautions, there remains room for improvement in glove use and needlestick injury reporting...
- The spectrum of symptoms among rural South Africans with HIV infectionErin R Shawn
Chicago Family Health Center, USA
J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care 16:12-23. 2005..Through improved symptom assessment and management, nurses can improve palliative care services to those suffering from the distressful symptoms associated with HIV infection...
- Knowledge, attitudes, behaviors, and perceptions of risk related to HIV/AIDS among Chinese university students in Hunan, ChinaJin Huang
Department of Nursing, Second Xiangya Hospital and Central South University Changsha, People's Republic of China
AIDS Patient Care STDS 19:769-77. 2005..Therefore, it is important to design HIV prevention strategies that target university students in China...
- A training programme for prevention of occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens: impact on knowledge, behaviour and incidence of needle stick injuries among student nurses in Changsha, People's Republic of ChinaHonghong Wang
Nursing School, Xiang Ya School of Medicine, Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, China
J Adv Nurs 41:187-94. 2003..In view of the accelerating HIV epidemic, implementation and evaluation of such training programmes are urgently needed...
- Educational needs of family caregivers of persons living with HIV/AIDS in ThailandWantana Maneesriwongul
Community Nursing Division, Nursing Department, Ramathibodi Hospital Faculty of Medicine, Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand
J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care 15:27-36. 2004..In addition, participants voiced a need for education to improve the knowledge and skills related to care of PLWA. These findings will be used to guide the development of a training program for family caregivers...
- Adherence Interventions for Drug UsersAnn Williams; Fiscal Year: 2005..Participants will be a multidisciplinary group of researchers and clinicians who are actively engaged in the study of adherence interventions among drug users and other vulnerable populations. ..