Constantine G A Theoharis
Affiliation: Yale University
- The Bethesda thyroid fine-needle aspiration classification system: year 1 at an academic institutionConstantine G A Theoharis
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Thyroid 19:1215-23. 2009..The objective of this study was to report our experience in using this new reporting system to review the distribution of diagnosis categories and to evaluate the specificity of the system based on the cytologic-histologic correlation...
- The molecular diagnosis and management of thyroid neoplasmsConstantine Theoharis
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Curr Opin Oncol 24:35-41. 2012..We focus this review on the molecular techniques used in the diagnosis of thyroid cancer, especially BRAF, and the resulting management considerations that are raised...
- Vanishing thyroid tumors: a diagnostic dilemma after ultrasonography-guided fine-needle aspirationOgechukwu P Eze
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8023, USA
Thyroid 23:194-200. 2013..In this study, we highlight the diagnostic and management issues associated with the unintended consequences of ultrasonography (US)-guided FNA...
- Multinodular goiter and primary hyperparathyroidism: a circuitous route to diagnosing metastatic uveal melanomaConstantine G A Theoharis
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Endocr Pathol 19:294-8. 2008..This is a report of uveal melanoma metastatic to both a parathyroid adenoma and a nodular hyperplastic thyroid. Additionally, this case serves to display the unusual metastatic potential of uveal melanoma...
- Endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration diagnosis of merkel cell carcinoma metastatic to the pancreasJane Bernstein
Department of Pathology, Cytopathology, Yale University, School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut
Diagn Cytopathol 42:247-52. 2014..However, a preoperative diagnosis allows for appropriate management while sparing a patient the morbidity of unnecessary procedures. Diagn. Cytopathol. 2014;247-252. © 2012 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- The use of immunocytochemical study in the cytologic diagnosis of melanoma: evaluation of three antibodiesXin Jing
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Hospital System, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0054, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 41:126-30. 2013..In terms of cost-effectiveness, we suggested that Melan-A antibody should be used as the first-line antibody for detecting melanoma in the cytologic specimens...