James E Swain
Affiliation: Yale University
- Brain basis of early parent-infant interactions: psychology, physiology, and in vivo functional neuroimaging studiesJames E Swain
Child Study Center, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520 7900, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 48:262-87. 2007..We argue that an integrated understanding of the brain basis of parenting has profound implications for mental health...
- Maternal brain response to own baby-cry is affected by cesarean section deliveryJames E Swain
Yale Child Study Center, Program for Risk, Resilience and Recovery, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 49:1042-52. 2008..Second, independent of mode of delivery, parental worries and mood are related to specific brain activations in response to own baby-cry...
- Breastfeeding, brain activation to own infant cry, and maternal sensitivityPilyoung Kim
Child Study Center, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 52:907-15. 2011..We investigated the associations between breastfeeding, maternal brain response to own infant stimuli, and maternal sensitivity in the early postpartum...
- Perceived quality of maternal care in childhood and structure and function of mothers' brainPilyoung Kim
Yale Program for Risk, Resilience and Recovery, Child Study Center, Yale University School of Medicine, USA
Dev Sci 13:662-73. 2010..These findings suggest that maternal care in childhood may be associated with anatomy and functions in brain regions implicated in appropriate responsivity to infant stimuli in human mothers...
- Brain mechanisms for prepulse inhibition in adults with Tourette syndrome: initial findingsNazlee Zebardast
Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Psychiatry Res 214:33-41. 2013....