Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Yale University
- Longerich S, Kwon Y, Tsai M, Hlaing A, Kupfer G, Sung P. Regulation of FANCD2 and FANCI monoubiquitination by their interaction and by DNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:5657-70 pubmed publisher..These results implicate the role of a proper DNA ligand in FANCD2 and FANCI monoubiquitination, and reveal regulatory mechanisms that are dependent on protein-protein and protein-DNA interactions. ..
- Daley J, Chiba T, Xue X, Niu H, Sung P. Multifaceted role of the Topo IIIÎ±-RMI1-RMI2 complex and DNA2 in the BLM-dependent pathway of DNA break end resection. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:11083-91 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we show that DNA2 stimulates the helicase activity of BLM. Our results thus uncover a multifaceted role of the Topo IIIÎ±-RMI1-RMI2 ensemble and of DNA2 in the DNA resection reaction. ..
- Xue X, Choi K, Bonner J, Chiba T, Kwon Y, Xu Y, et al. Restriction of replication fork regression activities by a conserved SMC complex. Mol Cell. 2014;56:436-45 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide molecular insights into replication fork repair regulation and uncover a role of Smc5-Smc6 in directing Mph1 activity toward a specific biochemical outcome. ..
- Liang F, Longerich S, Miller A, Tang C, Buzovetsky O, Xiong Y, et al. Promotion of RAD51-Mediated Homologous DNA Pairing by the RAD51AP1-UAF1 Complex. Cell Rep. 2016;15:2118-2126 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide insights into an apparently USP1-independent role of UAF1 in genome maintenance. ..
- Pires E, Sung P, Wiese C. Role of RAD51AP1 in homologous recombination DNA repair and carcinogenesis. DNA Repair (Amst). 2017;59:76-81 pubmed publisher..We also discuss how RAD51AP1 may help to promote cancer development and why it could potentially represent a promising new target for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Daley J, Jiménez Sáinz J, Wang W, Miller A, Xue X, Nguyen K, et al. Enhancement of BLM-DNA2-Mediated Long-Range DNA End Resection by CtIP. Cell Rep. 2017;21:324-332 pubmed publisher..Specifically, CtIP interacts with BLM and enhances its helicase activity, and it enhances DNA cleavage by DNA2. Thus, CtIP influences multiple aspects of end resection beyond MRE11 regulation. ..