Carla Smith Stover
Affiliation: Yale University
- Assessing violence exposure and trauma symptoms in young children: a critical review of measuresCarla Smith Stover
National Center for Children Exposed to Violence, Yale University Child Study Center, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
J Trauma Stress 18:707-17. 2005..Recommendations for further test development are given...
- Parenting of men with co-occurring intimate partner violence and substance abuseCarla Smith Stover
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Interpers Violence 28:2290-314. 2013....
- Commentary: Factors predicting family court decisions in high-conflict divorceCarla Smith Stover
Yale Child Study Center, 230 S Frontage Road, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 41:219-23. 2013..The work by Raub and colleagues in this issue extends our understanding of important factors considered by the courts and custody evaluators in high-conflict divorce and points to directions for future research in this area...
- Fathers for change: a new approach to working with fathers who perpetrate intimate partner violenceCarla Smith Stover
Child Study Center, Yale School of Medicine, 230 S Frontage Road, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 41:65-71. 2013..A case example and initial feasibility of the intervention will be described to provide an understanding of the key ingredients and the gap this intervention could fill in the field once tested in efficacy trials...
- Depression as a mediator of the association between substance abuse and negative parenting of fathersCarla Smith Stover
Yale University School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry and Child Study Center, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 38:344-9. 2012..Both SA and depression have been associated with negative parenting in fathers, but studies to date have not examined the mediating role that depression may play in the association of SA and fathering...
- Fathers entering substance abuse treatment: An examination of substance abuse, trauma symptoms and parenting behaviorsCarla Smith Stover
Yale University School of Medicine Child Study Center, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 43:335-43. 2012....
- Fathering and mothering in the family system: linking marital hostility and aggression in adopted toddlersCarla Smith Stover
Child Study Center, Yale University School of Medicine, 230 S Frontage Road, New Haven, CT 06514, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 53:401-9. 2012....
- The efficacy of a police-advocacy intervention for victims of domestic violence: 12 month follow-up dataCarla Smith Stover
Yale University Child Study Center, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Violence Against Women 16:410-25. 2010..DVHVI participants were significantly more likely to use court-based services and seek mental health treatment for their children...
- The domestic violence home-visit intervention: impact on police-reported incidents of repeat violence over 12 monthsCarla Smith Stover
National Center for Children Exposed to Violence, Yale University Child Study Center, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Violence Vict 24:591-606. 2009..Hispanic women served by Spanish-speaking advocate-officer teams were the most likely to utilize services and call the police for subsequent incidents...
- The impact of fatherhood on treatment response for men with co-occurring alcohol dependence and intimate partner violenceCarla Smith Stover
National Center for Children Exposed to Violence, Yale University Child Study Center, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 37:74-8. 2011..This brief report is intended to highlight the need to develop and focus interventions for men with co-occurring substance abuse and IPV with an emphasis on their roles as fathers...
- Identifying youth at risk for difficulties following a traumatic event: pre-event factors are associated with acute symptomatologyMegan C Goslin
Yale University Child Study Center, New Haven, Connecticut 06511, USA
J Trauma Stress 26:475-82. 2013..An exclusive focus on the event is insufficient and more comprehensive understanding of the child and family is required. ..
- Research review: The relationship between childhood violence exposure and juvenile antisocial behavior: a meta-analytic reviewHelen W Wilson
Yale University Child Study Center, New Haven, CT, USA
J Child Psychol Psychiatry 50:769-79. 2009..However, there are a limited number of well-designed prospective studies that can suggest a causal relationship, and little is known about the magnitude of the relationship...
- Domestic violence research: what have we learned and where do we go from here?Carla Smith Stover
Yale University Child Study Center, USA
J Interpers Violence 20:448-54. 2005..Methodological issues relevant to past intervention studies are also discussed and future research directions are outlined...