L R Solomon
Affiliation: Yale University
- Disorders of cobalamin (vitamin B12) metabolism: emerging concepts in pathophysiology, diagnosis and treatmentLawrence R Solomon
Section of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, 300 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06520, United Kingdom
Blood Rev 21:113-30. 2007..While oral cobalamin immediate-release is adequate for many patients, its effectiveness in reversing neurologic abnormalities has yet to be established...
- Diabetes as a cause of clinically significant functional cobalamin deficiencyLawrence R Solomon
Section of Palliative Care, Department of Medicine, Yale University School ofMedicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Diabetes Care 34:1077-80. 2011..Because diabetes is also common in the elderly and diabetic neuropathy resembles that of Cbl deficiency, the role of diabetes in functional Cbl deficiency was explored...
- Cobalamin-responsive disorders in the ambulatory care setting: unreliability of cobalamin, methylmalonic acid, and homocysteine testingLawrence R Solomon
Department of Medicine, Yale University Health Services, 17 Hillhouse Ave, PO Box 208237, New Haven, CT 06520 8237, USA
Blood 105:978-85. 2005..It is concluded that Cbl, MMA, and HCys levels fluctuate with time and neither predict nor preclude the presence of Cbl-responsive hematologic or neurologic disorders...
- Oral pharmacologic doses of cobalamin may not be as effective as parenteral cobalamin therapy in reversing hyperhomocystinemia and methylmalonic acidemia in apparently normal subjectsL R Solomon
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Hematology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8021, USA
Clin Lab Haematol 28:275-8. 2006..However, intramuscular cobalamin promptly decreased both metabolites to normal. Thus, parenteral cobalamin therapy may have greater metabolic effects than oral vitamin therapy even in apparently normal subjects...
- Treatment and prevention of pain due to vaso-occlusive crises in adults with sickle cell disease: an educational voidLawrence R Solomon
Adult Sickle Cell Disease Program, Section of Hematology, Department of Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8021, USA
Blood 111:997-1003. 2008..Thus, research and training on pain control in sickle cell disease are needed to parallel studies of environmental and genetic factors contributing to the known clinical heterogeneity of this disorder...
- Pain management in adults with sickle cell disease in a medical center emergency departmentLawrence R Solomon
Adult Sickle Cell Disease Program, Sections of Hematology and Palliative Care, Department of Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar St, PO Box 208201, New Haven, CT 06520 8021, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 102:1025-32. 2010....
- Oral vitamin B12 therapy: a cautionary noteLawrence R Solomon
Blood 103:2863. 2004
- Is testing for clinical cobalamin deficiency truly unreliable?Ralph Carmel
Blood 106:1136-8; author reply 1137-8. 2005