Affiliation: Yale Prevention Research Center
- The role of culture, environment, and religion in the promotion of physical activity among Arab IsraelisKerem Shuval
Yale Griffin Prevention Research Center, 130 Division St, 2nd Floor, Derby, CT 06418, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 5:A88. 2008..To improve our understanding of the cultural, religious, and environmental barriers and enablers to physical activity, we conducted a qualitative study among Arab Israeli college students in Israel...
- Partners reducing effects of diabetes (PREDICT): a diabetes prevention physical activity and dietary intervention through African-American churchesZubaida Faridi
Yale Prevention Research Center, Yale University School of Medicine, Derby, CT, USA
Health Educ Res 25:306-15. 2010..The results indicate important obstacles which impeded the successful implementation of this intervention and lessons learned for future interventions...
- Evaluating the impact of mobile telephone technology on type 2 diabetic patients' self-management: the NICHE pilot studyZubaida Faridi
Prevention Research Center, Griffin Hospital, Derby, CT 06418, USA
J Eval Clin Pract 14:465-9. 2008..The primary aim of the study is to examine the feasibility of utilizing this technology to assist with diabetes self-care in a clinic population as well as its impact on clinical outcomes...
- "I live by shooting hill"-a qualitative exploration of conflict and violence among urban youth in New Haven, ConnecticutKerem Shuval
Yale Griffin Prevention Research Center, Yale University, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 23:132-43. 2012..Participants' statements pertaining to feelings of isolation, racism, and violence without strong parental, neighborhood, and school support may impede prosocial attitudes and behaviors throughout adolescence and young adulthood...
- Effects of sugar-sweetened and sugar-free cocoa on endothelial function in overweight adultsValentine Yanchou Njike
Prevention Research Center, Yale University School of Medicine, Derby, CT 06418, USA
Int J Cardiol 149:83-8. 2011..Studies of cocoa suggest an array of cardiovascular benefits; however, the effects of daily intake of sugar-free and sugar-sweetened cocoa beverages on endothelial function (EF) have yet to be established...
- Impact of an educational intervention on internal medicine residents' physical activity counselling: the Pressure System ModelDavid L Katz
Yale Prevention Research Center, Derby, CT 06418, USA
J Eval Clin Pract 14:294-9. 2008..This study evaluates the impact of an innovative physician counselling programme on physicians' PA counselling behaviour and their patients' PA levels...
- The impact of an evidence-based medicine educational intervention on primary care physicians: a qualitative studyKerem Shuval
School of Public Health, University of Haifa, Mount Carmel Haifa, Israel
J Gen Intern Med 22:327-31. 2007..Attitudes and barriers to implementing EBM have been examined extensively, but scant evidence exists regarding the impact of EBM teaching on primary care physicians' point of care behavior...
- Barriers and enablers to the acceptance of bioinformatics tools: a qualitative studyAviv Shachak
Bar Ilan University, Department of Information Science, Ramat Gan, 52900, Israel
J Med Libr Assoc 95:454-8. 2007
- Understanding barriers and facilitators of fruit and vegetable consumption among a diverse multi-ethnic population in the USAMing Chin Yeh
Nutrition and Food Science, Urban Public Health Program, Hunter College, School of Health Sciences, 425 East 25th Street, New York, NY, USA
Health Promot Int 23:42-51. 2008..There is a need to improve the availability and access to fresh F&V commonly available in the home countries of Hispanic immigrants...