Marjorie S Rosenthal
Affiliation: Yale University
- Promoting child development and behavioral health: family child care providers' perspectivesMarjorie S Rosenthal
Department of Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
J Pediatr Health Care 23:289-97. 2009..The purpose of the study was to characterize licensed family child care provider perspectives as a first step toward designing effective provider-based interventions to improve children's development and behavior...
- Teaching community-based participatory research principles to physicians enrolled in a health services research fellowshipMarjorie S Rosenthal
Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, Department of Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8088, USA
Acad Med 84:478-84. 2009..Finally, the authors offer insights and implications for those who may wish to integrate CBPR training into their research training curricula...
- A randomized trial of practice-based education to improve delivery systems for anticipatory guidanceMarjorie S Rosenthal
Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, Division of General Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 159:456-63. 2005..In pediatric health maintenance visits, substantial recommended communication, in the form of anticipatory guidance, is not provided...
- A piece of my mind. Cultural competencyMarjorie S Rosenthal
JAMA 296:23-4. 2006
- Economic evaluation of a comprehensive teenage pregnancy prevention program: pilot programMarjorie S Rosenthal
Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8088, USA
Am J Prev Med 37:S280-7. 2009..However, there have been limited data on the costs and cost effectiveness of such programs...
- Parents with low literacy report higher quality of parent-provider relationships in a residency clinicMarjorie S Rosenthal
Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program and Division of General Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Ambul Pediatr 7:51-5. 2007..Literacy is one aspect of socioeconomic status. We hypothesized that low parental literacy would be associated with low-quality well-child care...
- Family child care providers' experience in health promotionMarjorie S Rosenthal
Departments of Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Fam Community Health 31:326-34. 2008..Providing education and ongoing support to child care providers in developing collaborative partnerships may enhance opportunities for health promotion in this setting...
- Expanding the safety net of specialty care for the uninsured: a case studyErica S Spatz
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Clinical Scholars Program, Section of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Health Serv Res 47:344-62. 2012..To describe core principles and processes in the implementation of a navigated care program to improve specialty care access for the uninsured...
- A physician team's experiences in community-based participatory research: insights into effective group collaborationsMehul Dalal
Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Am J Prev Med 37:S288-91. 2009..These fellows are uniquely positioned to observe and evaluate CBPR training needs and the experience of collaboratively conducting a CBPR project...
- Sources of education about breastfeeding and breast pump use: what effect do they have on breastfeeding duration? An analysis of the Infant Feeding Practices Survey IIPeggy G Chen
Division of Health Policy and Administration, Yale University School of Epidemiology and Public Health, 47 College Street, Room 104, New Haven, CT 06520 8088, USA
Matern Child Health J 16:1421-30. 2012..This emphasizes the importance of fostering a positive sphere of influence around breastfeeding women. Future work should also investigate alternative levers of action, such as policies affecting insurance coverage of breast pumps...
- Increasing adult Tdap vaccination rates by vaccinating infant caregivers in the pediatric officeDeepa R Camenga
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Clinical Scholars, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Acad Pediatr 12:20-5. 2012..To increase adult caregiver Tdap vaccination rates by offering Tdap vaccine during infant well-child visits...
- Project Access-New Haven: improving access to specialty care for patients without insuranceErica S Spatz
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Clinical Scholars Program, Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, Yale University School of Medicine, USA
Conn Med 75:349-54. 2011..Poor access to specialty care among uninsured adults threatens the delivery of quality health care and may contribute to the misuse and overuse of emergency departments and hospitals...
- Preventing diabetes among Fair Haven families: a community-based approach to quality improvementRosette J Chakkalakal
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Clinical Scholars Program, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, SHM IE 61, New Haven, CT 06520 8088, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 23:247-54. 2012....
- Low parental literacy is associated with worse asthma care measures in childrenDarren A DeWalt
Division of General Internal Medicine and the Sheps Center for Health Services Research, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Ambul Pediatr 7:25-31. 2007..To determine whether parental literacy is related to emergency department visits, hospitalizations, and days of school missed for children with asthma...
- Mental-health conditions, barriers to care, and productivity loss among officers in an urban police departmentJustin Fox
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, USA
Conn Med 76:525-31. 2012..Police officers are frequently exposed to situations that can negatively impact their mental health...
- The effect of a literacy training program on family medicine residentsMarjorie S Rosenthal
Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program and the Division of Community Pediatrics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7105, USA
Fam Med 36:582-7. 2004..We examined whether introducing ROR and an adult literacy intervention improves family medicine residents' literacy knowledge, attitudes, and practices...
- Dietary intake in Head Start vs non-Head Start preschool-aged children: results from the 1999-2004 National Health and Nutrition Examination SurveyEmily M Bucholz
Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 111:1021-30. 2011..To determine whether dietary intakes of children enrolled in Head Start programs differ from those of children not attending preschool or children in non-Head Start programs...
- Dissemination of results in community-based participatory researchPeggy G Chen
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Clinical Scholars Program, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Am J Prev Med 39:372-8. 2010..Although broad dissemination of research results is a key element of the CBPR approach, existing dissemination efforts have not been assessed...
- The paradoxical effect of medical insurance on delivery of surgical care for infants with congenital anomaliesLoren Berman
Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, CT 06520 8062, USA
J Pediatr Surg 45:38-43; discussion 44. 2010..We hypothesized that insured affected neonates born in non-children's hospitals would be more likely to be treated on site, whereas uninsured neonates would be more likely to be transferred...
- Pregnancy prevention in adolescentsSawsan As-Sanie
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7570, USA
Am Fam Physician 70:1517-24. 2004..This dialogue should begin before initial sexual activity and continue throughout the adolescent years...