Sandra G Resnick
Affiliation: Yale University
- Impact of public support payments, intensive psychiatric community care, and program fidelity on employment outcomes for people with severe mental illnessSandra G Resnick
VA Connecticut Healthcare System, NEPEC 182, 950 Campbell Avenue, West Haven, Connecticut 06516, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 191:139-44. 2003..This study points out not only the inhibiting effect of public support payment on employment but also the value of IPCC and the special importance of fidelity to program models for employment for people with SMI...
- Who attends Vet-to-Vet? Predictors of attendance in mental health mutual supportSandra G Resnick
VA New England MIRECC, Yale University School of Medicine, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Psychiatr Rehabil J 33:262-8. 2010..This study examines predictors of attendance in Vet-to-Vet, a peer education intervention for veterans co-located with a professionally-run rehabilitative day program...
- Scaling up the dissemination of evidence-based mental health practice to large systems and long-term time framesSandra G Resnick
Northeast Program Evaluation Center 182, Department of Veterans Affairs, Connecticut Healthcare System, 950 Campbell Ave, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Psychiatr Serv 60:682-5. 2009..Such strategies appear necessary to fully realize the broad national changes envisioned in the New Freedom Commission report...
- Integrating peer-provided services: a quasi-experimental study of recovery orientation, confidence, and empowermentSandra G Resnick
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Psychiatr Serv 59:1307-14. 2008..The study presented here compared the effectiveness of the Vet-to-Vet program, a peer education and support program, and standard care without peer support on measures of recovery orientation, confidence, and empowerment...
- Posttraumatic stress disorder and employment in veterans participating in Veterans Health Administration Compensated Work TherapySandra G Resnick
New England Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center, Veterans Integrated Services Network 1, Department of Veterans Affairs, New Haven, CT, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 45:427-35. 2008..This study supports current VA efforts to expand and improve the effectiveness of vocational rehabilitation services for veterans with PTSD...
- Employment outcomes in a randomized trial of second-generation antipsychotics and perphenazine in the treatment of individuals with schizophreniaSandra G Resnick
New England Mental Illness Research Education and Clinical Center, Yale University School of Medicine, VA Connecticut Health Care System, NEPEC 182, 950 Campbell Ave, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 35:215-25. 2008..Consistent with other CATIE results, there were no differences in employment or participation in PSR among these five medications, including the FGA perphenazine...
- Recovery and positive psychology: parallel themes and potential synergiesSandra G Resnick
Department of Veterans Affairs Northeast Program Evaluation Center, West Haven, Connecticut 06516, USA
Psychiatr Serv 57:120-2. 2006....
- Commentary: fidelity measurement, the CSI, and the current evidence baseSandra G Resnick
Department of Veterans Affairs Northeast Program Evaluation Center, VA Connecticut Healthcare System, West Haven 06516, and Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine in New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Psychiatr Serv 56:1592. 2005
- Correlates of family contact with the mental health system: allocation of a scarce resourceSandra G Resnick
VA Connecticut Healthcare System, NEPEC 182, 950 Campbell Avenue, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Ment Health Serv Res 7:113-21. 2005....
- An empirical conceptualization of the recovery orientationSandra G Resnick
Northeast Program Evaluation Center and Yale University School of Medicine, NEPEC 182, 950 Campbell Avenue, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Schizophr Res 75:119-28. 2005..The recovery movement is having a growing impact on policy for people with severe mental illness. The empirical literature on the recovery orientation, however, is scant, and no empirical conceptualization of recovery has been published...
- A model of consumer-provider partnership: Vet-to-VetSandra G Resnick
Northeast Program Evaluation Center, New England MIRECC, USA
Psychiatr Rehabil J 28:185-7. 2004..We believe that consumer-partnership models of consumer-provided mental health services have potential for minimizing implementation barriers and for maximizing long-term sustainability...
- An exploratory analysis of correlates of recoverySandra G Resnick
Department of Veterans Affairs VA Northeast Program Evaluation Center in West Haven, Connecticut 06516, USA
Psychiatr Serv 55:540-7. 2004..The concept of recovery has received increasing emphasis in the delivery of services to persons with schizophrenia. This study was an initial effort to develop an empirically based model of factors associated with a recovery orientation...
- Trauma and posttraumatic stress disorder in people with schizophreniaSandra G Resnick
Veterans Affairs Northeast Program Evaluation Center, West Haven, Connecticut 06516, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 112:415-23. 2003..Distress among clients with schizophrenia and PTSD suggests the need for routine assessment of PTSD and development of PTSD interventions in this population...
- Closing service system gaps for homeless clients with a dual diagnosis: integrated teams and interagency cooperationRobert A Rosenheck
Northeast Program Evaluation Center, New England MIRECC, and Yale University School of Medicine, West Haven, CT, USA
J Ment Health Policy Econ 6:77-87. 2003..There is great concern about fragmentation of mental health service delivery, especially for dually diagnosed homeless people, and apprehension that such fragmentation adversely affects service access and outcomes...
- Dissemination of supported employment in Department of Veterans AffairsSandra G Resnick
Veterans Integrated Service Network 1, Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center, West Haven, CT, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 44:867-77. 2007....
- Monitoring the dissemination of peer support in the VA Healthcare SystemJessica A Barber
New England MIRECC, VA Connecticut Healthcare System, West Haven, CT, USA
Community Ment Health J 44:433-41. 2008..Additional research using experimental design methods is needed to determine the impact of peer support on mental health outcomes...