Peter A Raymond
Affiliation: Yale University
- Increase in the export of alkalinity from North America's largest riverPeter A Raymond
School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, Yale University, 205 Prospect Street, New Haven CT, 06511, USA
Science 301:88-91. 2003..These observations have important implications for the potential management of carbon sequestration in the United States...
- Anthropogenically enhanced fluxes of water and carbon from the Mississippi RiverPeter A Raymond
Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, 21 Sachem Street, New Haven, Connecticut 06511, USA
Nature 451:449-52. 2008..Furthermore, land use change and management were arguably more important than changes in climate and plant CO2 fertilization to increases in riverine water and carbon export from this large region over the past 50 years...
- Global carbon dioxide emissions from inland watersPeter A Raymond
Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, 195 Prospect Street, New Haven, Connecticut 06511, USA
Nature 503:355-9. 2013..The source of inland water CO2 is still not known with certainty and new studies are needed to research the mechanisms controlling CO2 evasion globally...
- Land-use controls on sources and processing of nitrate in small watersheds: insights from dual isotopic analysisRebecca T Barnes
Yale University, School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, 210 Prospect Street, New Haven, Connecticut 06511, USA
Ecol Appl 20:1961-78. 2010..The determination of differentiated isotopic land-use signatures and dominant seasonal mechanisms illustrates the usefulness of this approach in examining the sources and processing of excess nitrogen within headwater catchments...
- Inputs of fossil carbon from wastewater treatment plants to U.S. rivers and oceansDavid R Griffith
School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06511, USA
Environ Sci Technol 43:5647-51. 2009..These findings warrant reevaluation of the "apparent age" of riverine DOC, the total flux of petroleum carbon to U.S. oceans, and OC source assignments in waters impacted by sewage...
- Carbon cycle: the age of the Amazon's breathPeter A Raymond
Nature 436:469-70. 2005