Corey E Pilver
Affiliation: Yale University
- Premenstrual dysphoric disorder as a correlate of suicidal ideation, plans, and attempts among a nationally representative sampleCorey E Pilver
Division of Biostatistics, Yale School of Public Health, Yale University, 60 College Street, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 48:437-46. 2013..The objective of this study was to determine if PMDD status was associated with suicidal ideation, plans, and attempts, independent of socio-demographic factors and psychiatric comorbidity...
- Exposure to American culture is associated with premenstrual dysphoric disorder among ethnic minority womenCorey E Pilver
Yale School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, VA CT Healthcare System NEPEC 182, 950 Campbell Ave, New Haven, CT 06516, United States
J Affect Disord 130:334-41. 2011..Research has not addressed ethnic minority women's vulnerabilities to PMDD. The objective of this study was to examine the relationship between acculturation and PMDD...
- Health advantage for black women: patterns in pre-menstrual dysphoric disorderC E Pilver
Yale School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, New Haven, CT 06516, USA
Psychol Med 41:1741-50. 2011....
- Lifetime discrimination associated with greater likelihood of premenstrual dysphoric disorderCorey E Pilver
VA CT Healthcare System, National Center for PTSD, 950 Campbell Avenue, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 20:923-31. 2011..This study builds on previous research that found perceived discrimination was positively associated with other psychiatric illnesses...
- Posttraumatic stress disorder and trauma characteristics are correlates of premenstrual dysphoric disorderCorey E Pilver
VA CT Healthcare System, National Center for PTSD, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Arch Womens Ment Health 14:383-93. 2011..This pattern of comorbidity may complicate the treatment of both conditions...
- The relationship of dysthymia, minor depression, and gender to changes in smoking for current and former smokers: longitudinal evaluation in the U.S. populationAndrea H Weinberger
Division of Substance Abuse, Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06519, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 127:170-6. 2013..The current study examined changes in smoking over 3 years for current and former smokers with and without dysthymia and minor depression...
- Influence of African American elders' age stereotypes on their cardiovascular response to stressBecca R Levy
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520 8034, USA
Anxiety Stress Coping 21:85-93. 2008..These results suggest that negative age stereotypes generate a susceptibility to stress among African American elders, whereas positive age may provide them with a defense against this stress...
- Problem gambling severity and the incidence of Axis I psychopathology among older adults in the general populationCorey E Pilver
Department of Biostatistics, Yale School of Public Health, New Haven, CT, USA
J Psychiatr Res 47:534-41. 2013....
- Residual stigma: psychological distress among the formerly overweightBecca R Levy
Yale School of Public Health, Division of Social and Behavioral Sciences, 60 College Street, New Haven, CT 06520 8034, United States
Soc Sci Med 75:297-9. 2012..The cohort consisted of 33,604 participants in the United States. The results suggest that losing a self-image shaped by stigma is a more protracted process than losing weight...
- Smoke-free policies in drinking venues predict transitions in alcohol use disorders in a longitudinal U.S. sampleKelly C Young-Wolff
Yale University, School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 128:214-21. 2013..However, no prior study has examined whether tobacco legislation impacts the likelihood of alcohol use disorders (AUDs) over time. The current study addresses this gap in the literature using a large, prospective U.S. sample...
- The relationship of major depressive disorder and gender to changes in smoking for current and former smokers: longitudinal evaluation in the US populationAndrea H Weinberger
Divisions of Substance Abuse and Women s Behavioral Health Research, Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06519, USA
Addiction 107:1847-56. 2012..This study compared changes in smoking for current and former smokers with and without current and life-time MDD over a 3-year period...
- The relationship between age of gambling onset and adolescent problematic gambling severityArdeshir S Rahman
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, Connecticut Mental Health Center, New Haven, CT 06519, United States
J Psychiatr Res 46:675-83. 2012....