Douglas P Olson
Affiliation: Yale University
- Cutaneous extensively drug-resistant tuberculosisDouglas P Olson
Department of Infectious Disease, Division of Medicine, and HIV Pathogenesis Programme, University of KwaZulu Natal, Durban, South Africa
Am J Trop Med Hyg 77:551-4. 2007..The patient had a broad, vigorous CD4-specific immune response against multiple tuberculosis antigens. This case is the first report of cutaneous extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis...
- Community-acquired MRSA pyomyositis: case report and review of the literatureDouglas P Olson
Yale University School of Medicine, Waterbury Hospital Campus, 64 Robbins Street, Pomeroy 3, Waterbury, CT 06721, USA
J Trop Med 2011:970848. 2011..This case illustrates a case of CA-MRSA pyomyositis that progressed to lumbar osteomyelitis and a spinal epidural abscess extending the entire length of the spinal canal...
- Lessons of a childDouglas P Olson
Yale University School of Medicine, USA
Pharos Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Med Soc 70:14-5. 2007
- Communication discrepancies between physicians and hospitalized patientsDouglas P Olson
Yale Primary Care Residency Program, Yale University School of Medicine, 64 Robbins St, Waterbury, CT 06708, USA
Arch Intern Med 170:1302-7. 2010..Gaps in understanding and communication could result in decreased quality of care. We sought to assess patient knowledge and perspectives of inpatient care and determine differences from physician assessments...
- A fatal case of paraquat ingestion: clinical course and review of pathophysiologyDouglas P Olson
Hospital Tela Integrado, Tela, Honduras
Med Sci Monit 16:CS153-6. 2010..Exposure to the dipyridyl herbicide paraquat can cause many manifestations of toxicity, and is a common method of suicide in developing countries...
- The residency application abyss: insights and adviceDouglas P Olson
Community Health Centers, Inc, New Britain, CT 06051, USA
Yale J Biol Med 84:195-202. 2011..A list of relevant websites is also included. This paper is a resource that provides timely and tangible guidance to medical students applying for residency training...
- Association of patient recognition of inpatient physicians with knowledge and satisfactionDonna M Windish
Yale University School of Medicine, Yale Primary Care Residency Program, Waterbury, CT, USA
J Healthc Qual 33:44-9. 2011..05). Thus, patient recognition of providers was not associated with their knowledge, satisfaction, or readmission...