Affiliation: Yale University
- From rhetoric to routine: assessing perceptions of recovery-oriented practices in a state mental health and addiction systemMaria O'Connell
The Connecticut Department of Mental Health and Addiction Services, USA
Psychiatr Rehabil J 28:378-86. 2005..The RSA is a useful, self-reflective tool to identify strengths and areas for improvement as agencies strive to offer recovery-oriented care...
- The impact of current alcohol and drug use on outcomes among homeless veterans entering supported housingMaria J O'Connell
Program for Recovery and Community Health, Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06513, USA
Psychol Serv 10:241-9. 2013....
- Differential impact of supported housing on selected subgroups of homeless veterans with substance abuse historiesMaria J O'Connell
Department of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine, 319 Peck St, Building 1, New Haven, CT 06513, USA
Psychiatr Serv 63:1195-205. 2012..S. Department of Housing and Urban Development-Veterans Affairs Supported Housing (HUD-VASH) program to identify differences in the program's impact on subgroups defined by sociodemographic or clinical characteristics...
- The relationship between case manager expectations and outcomes of persons diagnosed with schizophreniaMaria J O'Connell
Yale Program for Recovery and Community Health, Department of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine, 319 Peck Street, Building 1, New Haven, CT 06513, USA
Community Ment Health J 47:424-35. 2011..Case manager expectations were not related to outcomes in living situation...
- National dissemination of supported housing in the VA: model adherence versus model modificationMaria O'Connell
Yale Department of Psychiatry, Yale Program for Recovery and Community Health 319 Peck St Building 1 New Haven, CT 06513, USA
Psychiatr Rehabil J 33:308-19. 2010....
- Rates and risk factors for homelessness after successful housing in a sample of formerly homeless veteransMaria J O'Connell
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06513, USA
Psychiatr Serv 59:268-75. 2008..However, there is limited longitudinal information available about the risk of loss of housing after a successful exit from homelessness...
- Innovation in behavioral health workforce educationMaria J O'Connell
Yale Program for Recovery and Community Health, Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, 319 Peck Street, Building 6, Suite 1C, New Haven, CT 06513, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 32:131-65. 2004..A review committee evaluated each nomination on four dimensions: novelty, significance, transferability, and effectiveness. Nineteen innovations were selected for recognition, all of which are briefly described...
- An examination of fulfilled housing preferences and quality of life among homeless persons with mental illness and/or substance use disordersMaria O'Connell
Yale Department of Psychiatry, VA Northeast Program Evaluation Center, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 33:354-65. 2006....
- Psychiatric advance directives: perspectives of community stakeholdersMaria J O'Connell
Program for Recovery and Community Health, Yale University School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, New Haven, CT, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 32:241-65. 2005..Results indicate significant differences in opinions among members of the various stakeholder groups, and implications for advance directive education are discussed...
- The Recovery Knowledge Inventory: assessment of mental health staff knowledge and attitudes about recoveryLuis E Bedregal
Program for Recovery and Community Health, Yale University, USA
Psychiatr Rehabil J 30:96-103. 2006..This paper describes the instrument and its preliminary psychometric properties, and provides an example of its utility in assessing the training needs of staff who increasingly are being expected to deliver recovery-oriented care...
- Factors related to rapidity of housing placement in Housing and Urban Development-Department of Veterans Affairs Supportive Housing program of 1990sJack Tsai
Department of Veterans Affairs Connecticut Healthcare System, West Haven, CT, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 48:755-62. 2011..Lastly, HUD-VASH clients whose case managers reported good therapeutic alliances stayed in the program longer. These findings have implications for the continued expansion of the HUD-VASH program...
- A clinical trial of peer-based culturally responsive person-centered care for psychosis for African Americans and LatinosJanis Tondora
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA
Clin Trials 7:368-79. 2010..Peer services, or support provided by others who have experience in the behavioral health system, is a promising new avenue for helping those with behavioral health concerns move forward in their lives...
- Stemming the tide of suicide in older white men: a call to actionTimothy Schmutte
Program for Recovery and Community Health, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06513, USA
Am J Mens Health 3:189-200. 2009..This article provides a brief review of the perennially under-recognized reality of suicide in older men and prevention strategies that, if implemented, might help stem this rising tide of suicide in this vulnerable population...
- The top ten concerns about recovery encountered in mental health system transformationLarry Davidson
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06513, USA
Psychiatr Serv 57:640-5. 2006..These concerns are addressed through discussion of the two over-arching challenges that they pose, namely the issues of resources and risk...
- Aspirations, ability, and support: consumers' perceptions of attending collegeCatherine H Stein
Department of Psychology, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio 43403, USA
Community Ment Health J 41:451-68. 2005..Participants' perceptions of support and acceptance were not related to total number of reported hospitalizations, but were positively related to the number of hospitalizations reported in the past year...
- Campus mental health services: recommendations for changeCarol T Mowbray
School of Social Work, University of Michigan, USA
Am J Orthopsychiatry 76:226-37. 2006..Recommendations to improve campus-based responses to serious mental illness are presented on the basis of well-accepted service principles...
- Case managers' experiences of personal growth: learning from consumersCatherine H Stein
Department of Psychology, Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, OH 43403, USA
Community Ment Health J 43:183-95. 2007..CMPG scores were unrelated to social desirability scores or caseload size and positively related to age and tenure in the mental health system. Results suggest the strong relevance of the construct of personal growth for case managers...