Ingrid M Nembhard
Affiliation: Yale University
- The cultural complexity of medical groupsIngrid M Nembhard
Yale School of Public Health and Yale School of Management, Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA
Health Care Manage Rev 37:200-13. 2012..Organizational culture is an important driver of organizational performance. However, little is known about the cultures of medical groups, which play an important role in health care...
- All teach, all learn, all improve?: the role of interorganizational learning in quality improvement collaborativesIngrid M Nembhard
School of Public Health, School of Management, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Health Care Manage Rev 37:154-64. 2012..However, research shows that many participating organizations do not achieve the level of performance improvement desired...
- Contemporary evidence: baseline data from the D2B AllianceElizabeth H Bradley
Section of Health Policy and Administration, School of Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
BMC Res Notes 1:23. 2008..This study presents data on (1) the prevalence of evidence-based strategies in U.S. hospitals that participated in the D2B Alliance and (2) identifies key hospital characteristics associated with their use...
- Learning and improving in quality improvement collaboratives: which collaborative features do participants value most?Ingrid M Nembhard
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8034, USA
Health Serv Res 44:359-78. 2009..To understand participants' views on the relative helpfulness of various features of collaboratives, why each feature was helpful and which features the most successful participants viewed as most central to their success...
- Understanding the use and impact of the online community in a national quality improvement campaignIngrid M Nembhard
Yale University, School of Public Health School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8034, USA
BMJ Qual Saf 20:68-75. 2011..National quality campaigns often sponsor online communities; however, little is known about whether and how organisations use these communities, and the impact of their use...
- What is the experience of national quality campaigns? Views from the fieldElizabeth H Bradley
Division of Health Policy and Administration, Yale School of Public Health, 60 College Street, PO Box 208034, New Haven, CT 06520 8034, USA
Health Serv Res 45:1651-69. 2010....
- National efforts to improve door-to-balloon time results from the Door-to-Balloon AllianceElizabeth H Bradley
Section of Health Policy and Administration, Yale School of Public Health, New Haven, CT, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 54:2423-9. 2009....
- Research in action: using positive deviance to improve quality of health careElizabeth H Bradley
Division of Health Policy and Administration, School of Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Implement Sci 4:25. 2009..CONCLUSION: The identification and examination of health care organizations that demonstrate positive deviance provides an opportunity to characterize and disseminate strategies for improving quality...