Martial L Ndeffo Mbah
Affiliation: Yale University
- Evaluating the potential impact of mass praziquantel administration for HIV prevention in Schistosoma haematobium high-risk communitiesMartial L Ndeffo Mbah
School of Public Health, Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA Electronic address
Epidemics 7:22-7. 2014..Praziquantel MDA may be an innovative measure for reducing schistosomiasis and HIV transmission in sub-Saharan Africa, the effectiveness of which varies with HIV prevalence. ..
- Country- and age-specific optimal allocation of dengue vaccinesMartial L Ndeffo Mbah
School of Public Health, Yale University Suite 200, 135 College Street, New Haven, CT 06510, USA Electronic address
J Theor Biol 342:15-22. 2014..More specifically, we showed that, during the first years following introduction of a dengue vaccine, it is optimal to target children for dengue mass vaccination in Thailand, whereas young adults should be targeted in Brazil. ..
- Potential cost-effectiveness of schistosomiasis treatment for reducing HIV transmission in Africa--the case of Zimbabwean womenMartial L Ndeffo Mbah
School of Public Health, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 7:e2346. 2013..Here we assess the potential cost-effectiveness of praziquantel as a novel intervention strategy against HIV infection...
- Optimal targeting of seasonal influenza vaccination toward younger ages is robust to parameter uncertaintyMartial L Ndeffo Mbah
School of Public Health, Yale University, New Haven, CT CT 06510, USA
Vaccine 31:3079-89. 2013....
- The impact of imitation on vaccination behavior in social contact networksMartial L Ndeffo Mbah
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, United States of America
PLoS Comput Biol 8:e1002469. 2012..Calculations that ignore behavioral clustering caused by imitation may significantly underestimate the levels of vaccination coverage required to attain herd immunity...
- Resource allocation for epidemic control in metapopulationsMartial L Ndeffo Mbah
Yale School of Public Health, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e24577. 2011..Our model provides new insights for policy makers in the optimal deployment of limited resources for control in the event of epidemic outbreaks at the landscape scale...
- Cost-effectiveness of a community-based intervention for reducing the transmission of Schistosoma haematobium and HIV in AfricaMartial L Ndeffo Mbah
School of Public Health, and Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:7952-7. 2013..haematobium [corrected] is an economically attractive strategy for reducing schistosomiasis and HIV transmission in sub-Saharan Africa that would have a powerful impact on averting infections and saving lives...
- HIV and Schistosoma haematobium prevalences correlate in sub-Saharan AfricaMartial L Ndeffo Mbah
School of Public Health, Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA
Trop Med Int Health 18:1174-9. 2013..We analysed the correlation between Schistosoma haematobium prevalence and HIV prevalence across sub-Saharan African countries...
- Dengue dynamics and vaccine cost-effectiveness in BrazilDavid P Durham
Yale School of Public Health, Yale University, New Haven, CT, United States
Vaccine 31:3957-61. 2013..Our results demonstrate that at the relatively low vaccine efficacy from the recent Phase 2b dengue vaccine trials, age-targeted vaccination may still be cost-effective provided the total vaccination cost is sufficiently low. ..
- Optimal control of disease infestations on a latticeMartial L Ndeffo Mbah
Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale School of Medicine, 135 College Street, New Haven, CT 06520, USA and Department of Plant Sciences, University of Cambridge, Downing Street, Cambridge CB2 3EA, UK
Math Med Biol 31:87-97. 2014..We present results of our numerical studies, and show that the solution depends on the interplay between economic and epidemiological factors, as well as the nature of the control agent. ..