Meghan E Morean
Affiliation: Yale University
- The drug effects questionnaire: psychometric support across three drug typesMeghan E Morean
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, Connecticut Mental Health Center, Office S 229, 34 Park Street, New Haven, CT 06519, USA
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 227:177-92. 2013..Thus, the field would benefit from demonstrating the reliability and validity of the DEQ for use across multiple substances...
- The Anticipated Effects of Alcohol Scale: development and psychometric evaluation of a novel assessment tool for measuring alcohol expectanciesMeghan E Morean
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, Connecticut Mental Health Center, New Haven, CT 06519, USA
Psychol Assess 24:1008-23. 2012..The reliability argument was based on test-retest and internal consistency coefficients...
- Subjective alcohol effects and drinking behavior: the relative influence of early response and acquired toleranceMeghan E Morean
Yale University Department of Psychology, 2 Hillhouse Avenue, New Haven, CT 06511, United States
Addict Behav 33:1306-13. 2008..1) To establish the reliability and validity of a modified version of the Self-Rating of Alcohol (SRE) form. (2) To differentiate early subjective alcohol response (SR) from acquired tolerance in the prediction of drinking outcomes...
- Parental history of anxiety and alcohol-use disorders and alcohol expectancies as predictors of alcohol-related problemsMeghan E Morean
Department of Psychology, Yale University, 2 Hillhouse Avenue, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 70:227-36. 2009..Expectancies of global positive changes and tension reduction were hypothesized to moderate the influence of parental history of alcoholism and anxiety, respectively...
- Subjective response to alcohol: a critical review of the literatureMeghan E Morean
Department of Psychology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 34:385-95. 2010....
- Human laboratory paradigms in alcohol researchJennifer G Plebani
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 36:972-83. 2012....
- Contingency management improves smoking cessation treatment outcomes among highly impulsive adolescent smokers relative to cognitive behavioral therapyMeghan E Morean
Department of Psychology, Oberlin College, 120 West Lorain Street, Oberlin, OH 44074, United States Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, 34 Park Street, New Haven, CT 06519, United States Electronic address
Addict Behav 42:86-90. 2015..We examined if treatments that provide behavioral incentives for abstinence improve treatment outcomes among impulsive adolescent smokers, who have been shown to be highly sensitive to reward...
- Age of first use and delay to first intoxication in relation to trajectories of heavy drinking and alcohol-related problems during emerging adulthoodMeghan E Morean
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 36:1991-9. 2012..However, it remains unclear if early consumption of any alcohol or early drinking to intoxication confers the greatest risk...
- Differences in subjective response to alcohol by gender, family history, heavy episodic drinking, and cigarette use: refining and broadening the scope of measurementMeghan E Morean
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, Department of Psychology, Oberlin College, Oberlin, Ohio
J Stud Alcohol Drugs 76:287-95. 2015..g., aggressive) and low arousal positive effects (LOW+; e.g., relaxed) in addition to commonly assessed high arousal positive [HIGH+; e.g., sociable] and low arousal negative effects [LOW-; e.g., woozy])...
- The Positive Drinking Consequences Questionnaire (PDCQ): validation of a new assessment toolWilliam R Corbin
Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Addict Behav 33:54-68. 2008..Although additional studies with heavier drinking populations are needed, the PDCQ may ultimately serve as a valuable research and clinical assessment tool...
- Psychometrically improved, abbreviated versions of three classic measures of impulsivity and self-controlMeghan E Morean
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine
Psychol Assess 26:1003-20. 2014..This study provides strong support for using these psychometrically improved impulsivity measures, which improve data quality directly through better scale properties and indirectly through reducing response burden...
- First drink to first drunk: age of onset and delay to intoxication are associated with adolescent alcohol use and binge drinkingMeghan E Morean
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 38:2615-21. 2014..2012] Alcohol Clin Exp Res, 36, 1991-1999). The current study evaluated the risk associated with age of onset (AO) and delay to first intoxication (Delay) in a high school sample...