Genomes and Genes
Annette M Molinaro
Affiliation: Yale University
- Lifetime history of indoor tanning in young people: a retrospective assessment of initiation, persistence, and correlatesKaren Lostritto
Yale School of Public Health, New Haven CT 06520, USA
BMC Public Health 12:118. 2012....
- Prediction error estimation: a comparison of resampling methodsAnnette M Molinaro
Biostatistics Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, NCI, NIH, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Bioinformatics 21:3301-7. 2005..With a focus on prediction assessment, we compare several methods for estimating the 'true' prediction error of a prediction model in the presence of feature selection...
- partDSA: deletion/substitution/addition algorithm for partitioning the covariate space in predictionAnnette M Molinaro
Division of Biostatistics, Yale University Schools of Public Health and Medicine, 60 College St, New Haven, CT 06519, USA
Bioinformatics 26:1357-63. 2010....
- Stathmin expression and its relationship to microtubule-associated protein tau and outcome in breast cancerMaria T Baquero
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Cancer 118:4660-9. 2012..Here, the prognostic value of stathmin, a destabilizing protein, was assessed in combination with MAP-tau, a stabilizing protein, in order to evaluate microtubule stabilization as a potential biomarker...
- MEDME: an experimental and analytical methodology for the estimation of DNA methylation levels based on microarray derived MeDIP-enrichmentMattia Pelizzola
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Genome Res 18:1652-9. 2008..Importantly, the model-derived DNA methylation estimates simplify the interpretation of the results both at single-loci and at chromosome-wide levels...
- Indoor tanning and risk of early-onset basal cell carcinomaLeah M Ferrucci
Yale School of Public Health, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8034, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 67:552-62. 2012..Despite an increase in incidence of basal cell carcinoma (BCC) among young people and the ubiquity of indoor tanning in this population, few epidemiologic studies have investigated this exposure-disease relationship...
- Melanoma prognostic model using tissue microarrays and genetic algorithmsBonnie E Gould Rothberg
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8023, USA
J Clin Oncol 27:5772-80. 2009..Here, we propose a multimarker molecular prognostic assay that can help triage patients at increased risk of recurrence...
- Evaluation of prognostic and predictive value of microtubule associated protein tau in two independent cohortsMaria T Baquero
Yale University School of Medicine, Department of Pathology, 310 Cedar St, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Breast Cancer Res 13:R85. 2011..The microtubule stabilizer, MAP-tau, has shown conflicting results. We quantitatively assessed MAP-tau expression in two independent breast cancer cohorts to determine prognostic and predictive value of this biomarker...
- Tea, coffee, and caffeine and early-onset basal cell carcinoma in a case-control studyLeah M Ferrucci
aDepartments of Chronic Disease Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Yale School of Public Health bYale Cancer Center cDepartments of Dermatology and Surgery dDepartment of Genetics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut eDepartment of Neurological Surgery fDepartment of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of California, San Francisco UCSF, San Francisco, California, USA
Eur J Cancer Prev 23:296-302. 2014..This study adds to the growing body of literature suggesting potential health benefits from these beverages. ..
- A partitioning deletion/substitution/addition algorithm for creating survival risk groupsKaren Lostritto
Division of Biostatistics, Yale University Schools of Public Health and Medicine, New Haven, CT 06519, USA
Biometrics 68:1146-56. 2012..The implementation of partDSA for uncensored and right-censored outcomes is publicly available in the R package, partDSA...
- Optimal tumor sampling for immunostaining of biomarkers in breast carcinomaJuliana Tolles
Division of Biostatistics, Yale University School of Public Health, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
Breast Cancer Res 13:R51. 2011....
- Quantitative assessment shows loss of antigenic epitopes as a function of pre-analytic variablesYalai Bai
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Lab Invest 91:1253-61. 2011..This study suggests that core needle biopsies are more accurate for assessment of tissue biomarkers...
- Comparing the use of diagnostic imaging and receipt of carotid endarterectomy in elderly black and white stroke patientsKimberly D Martin
Yale School of Public Health, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8034, USA
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 21:600-6. 2012..We determined whether there were differences in the use of diagnostic carotid imaging and the frequency of CEA between elderly black and white ischemic stroke patients...
- Power of data mining methods to detect genetic associations and interactionsAnnette M Molinaro
Division of Biostatistics, School of Public Health, Yale University, New Haven, Conn, USA annette molinaro yale edu
Hum Hered 72:85-97. 2011..Here, we systematically evaluate the power of three leading algorithms: random forests (RF), Monte Carlo logic regression (MCLR), and multifactor dimensionality reduction (MDR)...
- Genome-wide screen of promoter methylation identifies novel markers in melanomaYasuo Koga
Department of Genetics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8059, USA
Genome Res 19:1462-70. 2009..In conclusion, this study represents the first unbiased systematic effort to determine methylation markers in melanoma and revealed several novel genes regulated by promoter methylation that were not described in cancer cells before...
- High levels of vascular endothelial growth factor and its receptors (VEGFR-1, VEGFR-2, neuropilin-1) are associated with worse outcome in breast cancerSriparna Ghosh
Section of Medical Oncology, Yale Cancer Center, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Hum Pathol 39:1835-43. 2008..Further study of the functional significance of this finding is warranted as well as the prognostic value of these biomarkers in other tumor microenvironment-specific compartments (eg, vessels)...
- AQUA analysis of thymidylate synthase reveals localization to be a key prognostic biomarker in 2 large cohorts of colorectal carcinomaMark D Gustavson
Department of Pathology, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 132:1746-52. 2008..Increased thymidylate synthase expression is a marker for decreased survival in colorectal cancer...
- Host phenotype characteristics and MC1R in relation to early-onset basal cell carcinomaLeah M Ferrucci
Department of Chronic Disease Epidemiology, Yale School of Public Health, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8034, USA
J Invest Dermatol 132:1272-9. 2012..BCC risk conferred by MC1R tended to be stronger among those with darker pigment phenotypes, traditionally considered to be at low risk of skin cancer...