M H Merson
Affiliation: Yale University
- Effectiveness of HIV prevention interventions in developing countriesM H Merson
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06511, USA
AIDS 14:S68-84. 2000..To review the effectiveness of projects and programs in developing countries that aim to reduce sexual transmission of HIV infection or transmission related to injection drug use...
- Unprotected intercourse for extra money among commercial sex workers in Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of CongoM Ntumbanzondo
Yale University School of Medicine, CT 06520 8034, USA
AIDS Care 18:777-85. 2006..8% of CSWs), episodes of condom failure (56.8% of CSWs), and unprotected intercourse with regular noncommercial partners (only 5.3% of CSWs with noncommercial partners always used condoms with these partners)...
- Allocating HIV-prevention resources: balancing efficiency and equityEdward H Kaplan
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Conn 06520, USA
Am J Public Health 92:1905-7. 2002..The downside of pure cost-effective allocations is that they violate common norms of equity. In this article, we argue for a middle ground that promotes both equity and efficiency in allocating federal HIV-prevention resources...
- The HIV-AIDS pandemic at 25--the global responseMichael H Merson
Yale School of Public Health, New Haven, Conn, USA
N Engl J Med 354:2414-7. 2006
- The history and challenge of HIV preventionMichael H Merson
Duke Global Health Institute, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
Lancet 372:475-88. 2008....