Douglas S Mennin
Affiliation: Yale University
- Preliminary evidence for an emotion dysregulation model of generalized anxiety disorderDouglas S Mennin
Adult Anxiety Clinic of Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
Behav Res Ther 43:1281-310. 2005..Further, GAD participants had more difficulty managing their emotional reactions. Implications for GAD and psychopathology in general are discussed...
- Emotion regulation deficits in generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, and their co-occurrenceDouglas S Mennin
Department of Psychology, Yale University, P O Box 208205, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Anxiety Disord 23:866-71. 2009..Although their discriminatory ability was weaker, poor emotional understanding best predicted a diagnosis of SAD (regardless of GAD comorbidity), and non-acceptance of emotions best predicted comorbid GAD and SAD...
- Using the Penn State Worry Questionnaire to identify individuals with generalized anxiety disorder: a receiver operating characteristic analysisDavid M Fresco
Department of Psychology, Adult Anxiety Clinic of Temple University, Weiss Hall, Temple University, 1701 North 13th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19122-6085, USA
J Behav Ther Exp Psychiatry 34:283-91. 2003..Results support the use of the PSWQ in screening individuals likely to meet criteria for GAD who present for treatment at an anxiety disorders specialty clinic...
- The impact of pretrauma analogue GAD and posttraumatic emotional reactivity following exposure to the September 11 terrorist attacks: a longitudinal studyFrank J Farach
Department of Psychology, Yale University, Box 208205, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Behav Ther 39:262-76. 2008..Avoidance of emotions 4 months after 9/11 also mediated the relation between preattack analogue GAD and posttraumatic stress symptoms 12 months after 9/11...
- Is generalized anxiety disorder an anxiety or mood disorder? Considering multiple factors as we ponder the fate of GADDouglas S Mennin
Department of Psychology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Depress Anxiety 25:289-99. 2008..Finally, although overlap between GAD and MDD is reflected in their relationships to negative affectivity, temporal relationships between these disorders may be demonstrated by functional changes in emotional responsivity...
- Delineating components of emotion and its dysregulation in anxiety and mood psychopathologyDouglas S Mennin
Departmentof Psychology, Yale University, P O Box 208205, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Behav Ther 38:284-302. 2007..Finally, the 4 components demonstrated both common and specific relationships to self-reported symptoms of generalized anxiety disorder, major depression, and social anxiety disorder...
- Level of emotional awareness as a differentiating variable between individuals with and without generalized anxiety disorderPaige Novick-Kline
Department of Psychology, La Salle University, 1900 W. Olney Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19141, USA
J Anxiety Disord 19:557-72. 2005..Individuals with GAD scored significantly higher than controls on emotional awareness. These findings are discussed in light of the theoretical implications for GAD...
- The contributory role of worry in emotion generation and dysregulation in generalized anxiety disorderKatie A McLaughlin
Department of Psychology, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Behav Res Ther 45:1735-52. 2007..However, acceptance and management deficits were most pronounced in individuals with both GAD and co-occurring dysphoria. Implications for the role of emotions in conceptualization and treatment of GAD are discussed...
- Impairment and quality of life in individuals with generalized anxiety disorderEric R Henning
Adult Anxiety Clinic of Temple, Department of Psychology, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122, USA
Depress Anxiety 24:342-9. 2007..However, individuals with GAD and comorbid disorders perceived their lives as less satisfying than did individuals with GAD without comorbid diagnoses...
- Screening for social anxiety disorder in the clinical setting: using the Liebowitz Social Anxiety ScaleDouglas S Mennin
Department of Psychology, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 19122-6085, USA
J Anxiety Disord 16:661-73. 2002..Identification of patients with SAD should increase the percentage of these patients who receive appropriate treatment for this impairing disorder...
- Emotion-related regulatory difficulties contribute to negative psychological outcomes in active-duty Iraq war soldiers with and without posttraumatic stress disorderDavid H Klemanski
Department of Psychology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Depress Anxiety 29:621-8. 2012..Emotion-regulation difficulties are important to consider in the relationship between PTSD and additional psychological outcomes in recently deployed personnel. Implications for treatment are briefly discussed...
- Confirmatory factor analysis of the Penn State Worry QuestionnaireDavid M Fresco
Adult Anxiety Clinic of Temple University, Department of Psychology, Philadelphia, PA 19122-6085, USA
Behav Res Ther 40:313-23. 2002..Factor 2 (Absence of Worry) demonstrated moderate negative correlations with Worry Engagement and the PSWQ Total Score but only modest correlations with depression and anxiety...
- Paradoxical cardiovascular effects of implementing adaptive emotion regulation strategies in generalized anxiety disorderAmelia Aldao
Department of Psychology, Yale University, 2 Hillhouse Ave, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Behav Res Ther 50:122-30. 2012..We discuss the implications of these findings for the delineation of emotion regulation deficits in psychopathology...