Ellen T Matloff
Affiliation: Yale University
- Changes in specialists' perspectives on cancer genetic testing, prophylactic surgery and insurance discrimination: then and nowEllen T Matloff
Cancer Genetic Counseling, Yale Cancer Center Yale School of Medicine, 55 Church Street, Suite 402, New Haven, CT, 06510, USA
J Genet Couns 23:164-71. 2014..0001). Over the past 14 years there has been a major change in perspective amongst cancer genetic specialists regarding genetic testing, prophylactic surgery and insurance discrimination. ..
- The growing role for genetic counseling in endocrinologyEllen T Matloff
Department of Genetics, Cancer Genetic Counseling, Yale Cancer Center, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Curr Opin Oncol 23:28-33. 2011..This brief review will highlight the role of the certified genetic counselor in this setting...
- Unraveling the next chapter: sexual development, body image, and sexual functioning in female BRCA carriersEllen T Matloff
Cancer Genetic Counseling, Yale Cancer Center, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Cancer J 15:15-8. 2009..This article will focus on those issues in unaffected female BRCA carriers...
- Direct to confusion: lessons learned from marketing BRCA testingEllen Matloff
Yale Cancer Center, 55 Church Street, Suite 402, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Am J Bioeth 8:5-8. 2008..The ethics of Myriad's patent, forced monopoly and DTC campaign will be reviewed, as well as the impact of this situation on patient access and care, physician liability, and the future of DTC campaigns for genetic testing...
- Should menopausal women at increased risk for breast cancer use tamoxifen, raloxifene, or hormone therapy?: a framework for personalized risk assessment and counselingEllen T Matloff
Cancer Genetic Counseling, Yale Cancer Center, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Cancer Educ 22:10-4. 2007..Current models in use do not include pedigree analysis, personalized risk assessment, or genetic testing in this process...
- Healthy women with a family history of breast cancer: impact of a tailored genetic counseling intervention on risk perception, knowledge, and menopausal therapy decision makingEllen T Matloff
Yale University School of Medicine, Yale Cancer Center, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 15:843-56. 2006..The authors determined the effects of a personalized risk assessment and genetic counseling intervention on knowledge, risk perception, and decision making in a group of healthy women who had a first-degree relative with breast cancer...
- What would you do? Specialists' perspectives on cancer genetic testing, prophylactic surgery, and insurance discriminationE T Matloff
Department of Genetics, Yale School of Medicine, and Cancer Genetic Counseling Shared Resources, Yale Cancer Center, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520 8028, USA
J Clin Oncol 18:2484-92. 2000....
- A clinician's guide to hereditary colon cancerEllen T Matloff
From the Yale Cancer Center, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Cancer J 10:280-7. 2004..There are many hereditary colorectal cancer syndromes, and the clinician must know what essential information should be elicited from a family history and which patients should be referred for genetic counseling and testing...
- What I wish I'd known before surgery: BRCA carriers' perspectives after bilateral salipingo-oophorectomyDanielle Campfield Bonadies
Yale Cancer Center, New Haven, CT, USA
Fam Cancer 10:79-85. 2011..This information provides insights into the informational needs of BRCA carriers considering PBSO...
- Adverse events in cancer genetic testing: medical, ethical, legal, and financial implicationsKarina L Brierley
Cancer Genetic Counseling, Yale Cancer Center, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Cancer J 18:303-9. 2012..In this review, we present a series of national cases illustrating major patterns of errors in cancer genetic counseling and testing and the resulting impact on medical liability, health care costs, and the patients and their families...
- Prevalence of BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations in women diagnosed with ductal carcinoma in situElizabeth B Claus
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Conn 06520 8034, USA
JAMA 293:964-9. 2005..The distribution of BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations in women diagnosed with noninvasive breast carcinoma is unknown...
- Outcome of conservatively managed early-onset breast cancer by BRCA1/2 statusBruce G Haffty
Department of Therapeutic Radiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8040, USA
Lancet 359:1471-7. 2002..This study assessed the long-term risks of ipsilateral and contralateral breast cancer in a cohort of young women who underwent breast-conserving surgery followed by radiotherapy...
- Patterns of reduced nipple aspirate fluid production and ductal lavage cellularity in women at high risk for breast cancerSusan A Higgins
Department of Therapeutic Radiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Breast Cancer Res 7:R1017-22. 2005..However, we observed a significantly lower proportion of fluid-yielding subjects in a similar series of high-risk women. The purpose of the present study was to identify variables associated with this reduction...
- Becoming a daughterEllen T Matloff
Yale Cancer Genetic Counseling, Yale Cancer Center Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
J Genet Couns 15:139-43. 2006
- Errors in delivery of cancer genetics services: implications for practiceKarina L Brierley
Yale Cancer Center, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Conn Med 74:413-23. 2010..Negative outcomes included unnecessary prophylactic surgeries, unnecessary testing, psychosocial distress, and false reassurance resulting in inappropriate medical management...
- A KRAS-variant in ovarian cancer acts as a genetic marker of cancer riskElena Ratner
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Cancer Res 70:6509-15. 2010....