Richard A Marottoli
Affiliation: Yale University School of Medicine
- A randomized trial of an education program to enhance older driver performanceRichard A Marottoli
Yale University School of Medicine, Section of Geriatrics, 20 York Street, TMP 15, New Haven, CT 06504, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 62:1113-9. 2007..This study was designed to determine whether an education program consisting of classroom and on-road training could enhance driving performance...
- Walking the tightrope: developing a systems approach to balance safety and mobility for an aging societyRichard A Marottoli
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
J Aging Soc Policy 23:372-83. 2011..The discussion that follows reviews components of the issue and suggestions for developing a comprehensive approach...
- A randomized trial of a physical conditioning program to enhance the driving performance of older personsRichard A Marottoli
Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
J Gen Intern Med 22:590-7. 2007..As the number of older drivers increases, concern has been raised about the potential safety implications. Flexibility, coordination, and speed of movement have been associated with older drivers' on road performance...
- Sleep disturbances and driving practices of older driversCarlos A Vaz Fragoso
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut Department of Veterans Affairs Connecticut, Clinical Epidemiology Research Center, West Haven, Connecticut
J Am Geriatr Soc 61:1730-7. 2013..To evaluate the associations between sleep disturbances and driving practices, including driving cessation and trajectories of daily driving mileage (change over time), in older drivers...
- Sleep disturbances and adverse driving events in a predominantly male cohort of active older driversCarlos A Vaz Fragoso
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 58:1878-84. 2010..To evaluate the association between sleep disturbances and adverse driving events in active older drivers...
- Timing in the communication of pain among nursing home residents, nursing staff, and cliniciansGrace Y Jenq
Department of Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06504, USA
Arch Intern Med 164:1508-12. 2004....
- Improved self-confidence was a mechanism of action in two geriatric trials evaluating physical interventionsPeter Peduzzi
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 60:94-102. 2007....
- Prevalence of sleep disturbances in a cohort of older driversCarlos A Vaz Fragoso
Yale University School of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, New Haven, CT 06250 8025, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 63:715-23. 2008..We thus set out to determine the prevalence of sleep disturbances in the form of insomnia symptoms, daytime drowsiness, and sleep apnea risk in a cohort of older drivers and to assess how these relate to self-reported driving capacity...
- Riding off into the sunset: Implications of an aging motorcyclist populationRichard A Marottoli
VA Connecticut Healthcare System, Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Ann Emerg Med 39:196-7. 2002
- Visual attention and driving behaviors among community-living older personsEmily D Richardson
Department of Psychology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309 0345, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 58:M832-6. 2003..The current study was designed to specify those cognitive variables associated with specific on-road driving behaviors in a sample of older, nonclinic-referred individuals...