Genomes and Genes
Martin S Kluger
Affiliation: Yale University
- Knockdown of TNFR1 by the sense strand of an ICAM-1 siRNA: dissection of an off-target effectPaul R Clark
Department of Dermatology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 36:1081-97. 2008....
- Claudin-5 controls intercellular barriers of human dermal microvascular but not human umbilical vein endothelial cellsMartin S Kluger
Department of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06519, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 33:489-500. 2013....
- Cutting Edge: Internalization of transduced E-selectin by cultured human endothelial cells: comparison of dermal microvascular and umbilical vein cells and identification of a phosphoserine-type di-leucine motifMartin S Kluger
Interdepartmental Program in Vascular Biology and Transplantation, Department of Dermatology, Yale University School of Medicine, 295 Congress Avenue, New Haven, CT 06536, USA
J Immunol 168:2091-5. 2002..Control of E-selectin surface expression appears to be phosphoserine dependent, since alanine but not aspartic acid substitution for S581 slows E-selectin internalization...
- Lymphangiogenesis linked to VEGF-C from tumor-associated macrophages: accomplices to metastasis by cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma?Martin S Kluger
Department of Dermatology and Program in Vascular Biology and Therapeutics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Invest Dermatol 131:17-9. 2011..Their study suggests how tumor-associated macrophages and neolymphatic vessels may coordinate metastasis starting early in cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma...
- Increased ICAM-1 expression causes endothelial cell leakiness, cytoskeletal reorganization and junctional alterationsPaul R Clark
Department of Dermatology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
J Invest Dermatol 127:762-74. 2007..Induction of ICAM-1 may contribute to but does not fully account for TNF-induced vascular leak and EC shape change...
- Heparin displaces interferon-gamma-inducible chemokines (IP-10, I-TAC, and Mig) sequestered in the vasculature and inhibits the transendothelial migration and arterial recruitment of T cellsHooman Ranjbaran
Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Conn, USA
Circulation 114:1293-300. 2006....
- Regulation of arterial-venous differences in tumor necrosis factor responsiveness of endothelial cells by anatomic contextMeng Liu
Yale University School of Medicine, 10 Amistad Street, New Haven, CT 06509, USA
Am J Pathol 172:1088-99. 2008..Flow-induced expression of KLF2 contributes to the in situ responses of HUAECs but not of HUVECs...
- Interferon-gamma augments CD95(APO-1/Fas) and pro-caspase-8 expression and sensitizes human vascular endothelial cells to CD95-mediated apoptosisJie Hui Li
Interdepartmental Program in Vascular Biology and Transplantation, Boyer Center for Molecular Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Am J Pathol 161:1485-95. 2002..We conclude that IFN-gamma induces sensitivity of endothelium to CD95L-mediated apoptosis, and that this response may result from increased expression of CD95 and/or pro-caspase-8...
- Functional analyses of the bone marrow kinase in the X chromosome in vascular endothelial growth factor-induced lymphangiogenesisDennis Jones
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Conn 06520, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 30:2553-61. 2010..The goal of this study was to investigate the novel hypothesis that bone marrow kinase in the X chromosome (Bmx), an established inflammatory mediator of pathological angiogenesis, promotes lymphangiogenesis...
- Targeting of tumor necrosis factor receptor 1 to low density plasma membrane domains in human endothelial cellsAlessio D'Alessio
Interdepartmental Program in Vascular Biology and Therapeutics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8089, USA
J Biol Chem 285:23868-79. 2010..Furthermore, both NF-kappaB and SAPK activation appear independent of both TNFR1 localization to low density membrane domains and to TNF-induced receptor internalization...
- Endothelial cell-T lymphocyte interactions: IP[corrected]-10 stimulates rapid transendothelial migration of human effort but not central memory CD4+ T cells. Requirements for shear stress and adhesion moleculesThomas D Manes
Interdepartmental Program in Vascular Biology and Transplantation, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Transplantation 82:S9-14. 2006..TNF treatment of ECs may be effectively replaced by transduction of vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 or intercellular adhesion molecule-1 but not E-selectin...
- Pericytes modulate endothelial sproutingWilliam G Chang
Department of Medicine and Section of Nephrology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Cardiovasc Res 100:492-500. 2013..Angiogenic sprouts arise from microvessels formed by endothelial cells (ECs) invested by pericytes (PCs). The aim of this study was to examine the role of PCs in angiogenic sprouting, an understudied phenomenon...
- MEK5 is activated by shear stress, activates ERK5 and induces KLF4 to modulate TNF responses in human dermal microvascular endothelial cellsPaul R Clark
Department of Immunobiology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8089, USA
Microcirculation 18:102-17. 2011..We examined if this anti-inflammatory pathway operates in human ECs lining microvessels, the principal site of inflammatory responses...
- Vascular endothelial cell adhesion and signaling during leukocyte recruitmentMartin S Kluger
Department of Dermatology and Interdepartmental Program in Vascular Biology and Transplantation, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Adv Dermatol 20:163-201. 2004..This literature review suggests that the cytoplasmic domains of these EC CAMs and their downstream effectors represent new and potentially beneficial intracellular therapeutic targets for treating diseases of the skin...
- Lymphotoxin-alpha 1 beta 2 and LIGHT induce classical and noncanonical NF-kappa B-dependent proinflammatory gene expression in vascular endothelial cellsLisa A Madge
Department of Animal Biology and the Mari Lowe Center for Comparative Oncology, University of Pennsylvania School of Veterinary Medicine, and The Joseph Stokes Jr Research Institute, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Immunol 180:3467-77. 2008..Our findings therefore demonstrate that LTbetaR ligation regulates gene expression in endothelial cells via both NF-kappaB pathways and we identify CXCL12 as a bona fide noncanonical NF-kappaB-regulated gene in these cells...
- IL-10 inhibits endothelium-dependent T cell costimulation by up-regulation of ILT3/4 in human vascular endothelial cellsChristian A Gleissner
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital, University of Heidelberg, Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Immunol 37:177-92. 2007..This identifies a novel action of IL-10 in EC and a potential therapeutical target for local immunomodulation...