Edwin D Kilbourne
Affiliation: Yale University
- The total influenza vaccine failure of 1947 revisited: major intrasubtypic antigenic change can explain failure of vaccine in a post-World War II epidemicEdwin D Kilbourne
New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:10748-52. 2002....
- Protection of mice with recombinant influenza virus neuraminidaseEdwin D Kilbourne
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York, USA
J Infect Dis 189:459-61. 2004....
- Influenza pandemics: can we prepare for the unpredictable?Edwin D Kilbourne
Emeritus Professor, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, New York Medical College, New York, New York, USA
Viral Immunol 17:350-7. 2004....
- Influenza pandemics of the 20th centuryEdwin D Kilbourne
New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 12:9-14. 2006..Evidence suggests that true pandemics with changes in hemagglutinin subtypes arise from genetic reassortment with animal influenza A viruses...
- Rapid confirmation by RFLP of transfer to vaccine candidate reassortment viruses of the principal 'high yield' gene of influenza A virusesIan Brett
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Room 315, Basic Sciences Building, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
J Virol Methods 100:133-40. 2002..Another finding of potentially basic significance that merits further study is the occurrence of a consistent change at the same amino acid (aa) site of the donated RNA 7 upon its transfer to reassortant viruses...
- Intradermal vaccination against influenzaEdwin D Kilbourne
N Engl J Med 352:1044-6; author reply 1044-6. 2005
- Influenza immunity: new insights from old studiesEdwin D Kilbourne
J Infect Dis 193:7-8. 2006