Holly Powell Kennedy
Affiliation: Yale University
- Elective caesarean delivery: a mixed method qualitative investigationHolly Powell Kennedy
Yale University School of Nursing, 100 Church Street South, PO Box 9740, New Haven, CT 06536, USA Electronic address
Midwifery 29:e138-44. 2013..The purpose of this interpretive qualitative study was to explore the complexities of women's and clinicians' choices around elective caesarean delivery...
- "The midwifery two-step": a study on evidence-based midwifery practiceHolly Powell Kennedy
Yale University School of Nursing, New Haven, CT 06536, USA
J Midwifery Womens Health 57:454-60. 2012....
- Thirty years of global outreach by the American College of Nurse-MidwivesHolly Powell Kennedy
American College of Nurse Midwives, Silver Spring, MD, USA
MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs 37:290-5; quiz 296-7. 2012..The future relies on upcoming generations to creatively work with multiple disciplines and across nations to solve the complex issues endangering women and families worldwide, especially mothers and infants...
- Crying babies, tired mothers - challenges of the postnatal hospital stay: an interpretive phenomenological studyElisabeth Kurth
University of Basel, Institute of Nursing Science, Bernoullistr, 28, 4056 Basel, Switzerland
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 10:21. 2010..We explored how new mothers experience and handle postnatal infant crying and their own tiredness in the context of changing hospital care practices in Switzerland...
- Normalizing birth in England: a qualitative studyHolly Powell Kennedy
Yale University School of Nursing, 100 Church Street South, New Haven, CT 06536 0740, USA
J Midwifery Womens Health 55:262-9. 2010..This study examined factors that foster or hinder the support of normal birth in two English National Health Service Trusts identified for public recognition of their work to normalize birth...
- In a hard spot: providing group prenatal care in two urban clinicsGina Novick
Yale University School of Nursing, 100 Church St South, PO Box 9740, New Haven, CT 06536 0740, USA
Midwifery 29:690-7. 2013..The purpose of this study was to examine the challenges encountered when Centering group prenatal care was provided, and the responses of Centering group leaders to these challenges...
- The intersection of everyday life and group prenatal care for women in two urban clinicsGina Novick
Yale University School of Nursing, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 23:589-603. 2012..Reducing such stressors may help improve pregnancy outcomes; however, more evidence is needed on mechanisms underlying these effects...
- A randomized clinical trial of group prenatal care in two military settingsHolly Powell Kennedy
Yale University, 100 Church Street South, Box 9740, New Haven, CT 06536, USA
Mil Med 176:1169-77. 2011..The findings suggest that women in GPC have more adequate care and no untoward effects were found with the model. Further study is important to evaluate long-term outcomes of GPC...
- Women's experience of group prenatal careGina Novick
Yale University, School of Nursing, New Haven, Connecticut 06536 0740, USA
Qual Health Res 21:97-116. 2011....
- Top-selling childbirth advice books: a discourse analysisHolly Powell Kennedy
Yale University School of Nursing, 100 Church Street South, PO Box 9740, New Haven, CT 06536 0740, USA
Birth 36:318-24. 2009..The purpose of this investigation is to address that gap by examining the discussions about childbirth in the 10 top-selling books in the United States...