JOAN R KAUFMAN
Affiliation: Yale University
- Comorbidity of mood and anxiety disordersJ Kaufman
Yale University, Department of Psychiatry, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
Depress Anxiety 12:69-76. 2000..Increased public awareness about these disorders and the availability of effective treatments is sorely needed...
- Effects of early stress on brain structure and function: implications for understanding the relationship between child maltreatment and depressionJ Kaufman
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
Dev Psychopathol 13:451-71. 2001..Given the number of factors that impact on the long-term outcome of maltreated children, multidisciplinary research efforts are recommended to address this problem-with foci that span from neurobiology to social policy...
- Social supports and serotonin transporter gene moderate depression in maltreated childrenJoan Kaufman
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 101:17316-21. 2004....
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor-5-HTTLPR gene interactions and environmental modifiers of depression in childrenJoan Kaufman
Child and Adolescent Research and Education Program, Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06511, USA
Biol Psychiatry 59:673-80. 2006..Child abuse and genotype interact to contribute to risk for depression in children. This study examined gene-by-gene and gene-by-environment interactions...
- Genetic and environmental predictors of early alcohol useJoan Kaufman
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06511, USA
Biol Psychiatry 61:1228-34. 2007..The goal of the current investigation was to examine genetic and environmental predictors of early alcohol use, a potent predictor of later alcohol dependence...
- Pharmacotherapy of early-onset depression. Update and new directionsA Martin
Yale Child Study Center, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 9:135-57. 2000..Although these observations require specific application to juvenile forms of the disorder, they raise the exciting prospect that the natural course of the illne..
- Examination of predictors of severe violence in combat-exposed Vietnam veteransM K Nock
Department of Psychology, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Trauma Stress 14:835-41. 2001..The classification rate of perpetrators of severe violence was comparable to rates from studies of less severe forms of violence. The implications of these results and suggestions for future research in this area are discussed...
- Size matters: gastric pouch size correlates with weight loss after laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypassK Roberts
Yale School of Medicine Surgery, 40 Temple Street Suite 3A, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Surg Endosc 21:1397-402. 2007..This analysis aimed to determine the relationship between initial gastric pouch size and excess weight loss (EWL) after laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (LRYGB)...
- Are child-, adolescent-, and adult-onset depression one and the same disorder?J Kaufman
Yale University School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, New Haven, Connecticut 06511, USA
Biol Psychiatry 49:980-1001. 2001..In addition, careful attention to familial subtypes (e.g., depressive spectrum disorders vs. familial pure depressive disorders) and environmental factors (e.g., trauma history) are suggested for future investigations...
- Genetic and Environmental Modifiers of Child DepressionJoan Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 2009..In addition, the findings will suggest multiple levels of targets for future intervention efforts in the treatment of stress-induced depression. ..
- Corpus Callosum in Maltreated Children with PTSDJoan Kaufman; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..