W J Kasprow
Affiliation: Yale University
- Mortality among homeless and nonhomeless mentally ill veteransW J Kasprow
Northeast Program Evaluation Center, Department of Veterans Affairs, Yale School of Medicine, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 188:141-7. 2000..Homelessness increases this risk, particularly in older veterans, and this difference does not abate after entry into a health care system...
- Residential treatment for dually diagnosed homeless veterans: a comparison of program typesW J Kasprow
Northeast Program Evaluation Center, Department of Veterans Affairs, West Haven, USA
Am J Addict 8:34-43. 1999..Such integration did not differentially benefit dually diagnosed veterans whose psychiatric problems included a psychotic disorder...
- Outcomes of critical time intervention case management of homeless veterans after psychiatric hospitalizationWesley J Kasprow
Northeast Program Evaluation Center 182, Department of Veterans Affairs, Connecticut Health Care System, 950 Campbell Ave, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Psychiatr Serv 58:929-35. 2007..CTI offers time-limited intensive case management designed to negotiate transitions from institutional settings to community living...
- Referral and housing processes in a long-term supported housing program for homeless veteransW J Kasprow
Northeast Program Evaluation Center of the Department of Veterans Affairs, VA Connecticut Healthcare System, West Haven 06516, USA
Psychiatr Serv 51:1017-23. 2000....
- Homeless veterans' satisfaction with residential treatmentW J Kasprow
Department of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Psychiatr Serv 50:540-5. 1999..Because little is known about homeless individuals' satisfaction with mental health services or the association between satisfaction and measures of treatment outcome, the study examined those issues in a group of homeless veterans...
- Determinants of receipt of ambulatory medical care in a national sample of mentally ill homeless veteransMayur M Desai
Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center, VA Connecticut Healthcare System, West Haven, Connecticut 06516, USA
Med Care 41:275-87. 2003..This study used the Behavioral Model for Vulnerable Populations to identify determinants of receipt of outpatient medical care within 6 months of initial contact with a national homeless veterans outreach program...
- Outcomes of supported housing for homeless veterans with psychiatric and substance abuse problemsAlvin S Mares
Northeast Program Evaluation Center of the Department of Veterans Affairs, VA Connecticut Healthcare System, Connecticut 06156, USA
Ment Health Serv Res 6:199-211. 2004....
- Psychiatric illness and substance abuse among homeless Asian-American veteransSabina Lim
Department of Psychiatry at Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06519, USA
Psychiatr Serv 57:704-7. 2006..It also examined differences in rates of psychiatric and substance use disorders between homeless racial and ethnic subgroups...
- Health status, service use, and costs among veterans receiving outreach services in jail or community settingsJames McGuire
Department of Veterans Affairs Northeast Program Evaluation Center, West Haven, Connecticut, USA
Psychiatr Serv 54:201-7. 2003....
- Receipt of disability through an outreach program for homeless veteransJoyce H Chen
Northeast Program Evaluation Center, VA Connecticut Healthcare System, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Mil Med 172:461-5. 2007..Findings suggest that VA benefit outreach efforts may gain from increased focus on those most vulnerable and most on the outskirts of the VA system...
- Predictors of children's involvement in parents' treatment among homeless veterans in community residential careRobert A Murphy
Center for Child and Family Health, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Duke University, 3518 Westgate Drive, Suite 100, Durham, North Carolina 27707, USA
Psychiatr Serv 56:1147-9. 2005..Services to homeless parents might be improved through coordination of adult- and child-focused funding streams and programmatic efforts to provide comprehensive interventions...