Affiliation: Yale University
- Increased brain uptake and oxidation of acetate in heavy drinkersLihong Jiang
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Yale University, School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Clin Invest 123:1605-14. 2013..Our finding suggests that a new therapeutic approach to supply acetate during alcohol detoxification may be beneficial...
- Cortical substrate oxidation during hyperketonemia in the fasted anesthetized rat in vivoLihong Jiang
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Magnetic Resonance Research Center, Yale University School of Medicine, The Anylan Center, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 31:2313-23. 2011....
- Recurrent antecedent hypoglycemia alters neuronal oxidative metabolism in vivoLihong Jiang
Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Yale University School of Medicine, The Anlyan Center, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Diabetes 58:1266-74. 2009....
- Lactate preserves neuronal metabolism and function following antecedent recurrent hypoglycemiaRaimund I Herzog
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Endocrinology, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8040, USA
J Clin Invest 123:1988-98. 2013..Lactate is, however, able to modulate metabolic and neuronal activity, serving as a "metabolic regulator" instead...
- Regional metabolite levels and turnover in the awake rat brain under the influence of nicotineJie Wang
Department of Biomedical Engineering, School of Medicine, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
J Neurochem 113:1447-58. 2010..In summary, the study revealed that the neurochemicals were most affected in the cortex and striatum of the rat brain after acute nicotine treatment...
- An ethanol vapor chamber system for small animalsJie Wang
State Key Laboratory of Magnetic Resonance and Atomic and Molecular Physics, Wuhan Center for Magnetic Resonance, Wuhan Institute of Physics and Mathematics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan, Hubei 430071, China
J Neurosci Methods 208:79-85. 2012..The lack of a heater and electrical components that could come into contact with ethanol in our case facilitated institutional approval...