Julia R Irwin
Affiliation: Yale University
- The social-emotional development of "late-talking" toddlersJulia R Irwin
Child Study Center, Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 41:1324-32. 2002..To examine the social-emotional problems and competencies of toddlers who evidenced lags in expressive language without concomitant receptive language delays...
- A sex difference in visual influence on heard speechJulia R Irwin
Haskins Laboratories, New Haven, Connecticut 06511, USA
Percept Psychophys 68:582-92. 2006..No sex differences for the full stimuli or in the ability to lipread were found. These findings indicate that the more challenging brief visual stimuli elicit sex differences in the processing of audiovisual speech...
- Audiovisual processing in children with and without autism spectrum disordersElizabeth A Mongillo
Department of Psychology, University of Massachusetts Boston, 100 Morrissey Blvd, Boston, MA 02125 3393, USA
J Autism Dev Disord 38:1349-58. 2008..Exploratory results support an inverse association between audiovisual speech processing capacities and social impairment in children with ASD...
- Language delay in a community cohort of young childrenSarah McCue Horwitz
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 42:932-40. 2003..To document the characteristics, particularly social competence and emotional/behavioral problems, related to deficits in expressive language...
- The Brief Infant-Toddler Social and Emotional Assessment: screening for social-emotional problems and delays in competenceMargaret J Briggs-Gowan
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, PO Box 208034, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 29:143-55. 2004..To examine the reliability and validity of the 42-item Brief Infant-Toddler Social and Emotional Assessment (BITSEA), a screener for social-emotional/behavioral problems and delays in competence...
- Can children with autism spectrum disorders "hear" a speaking face?Julia R Irwin
Haskins Laboratories, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
Child Dev 82:1397-403. 2011..This indicates fundamental differences in the processing of audiovisual speech in children with ASD, which may contribute to their language and communication impairments...
- Late-talking toddlersMichael Fitzgerald
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 42:1141-2; author reply 1142. 2003