Affiliation: Yale University
- Psychotherapy use in a privately insured population of patients diagnosed with a mental disorderIlan Harpaz-Rotem
Department of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, USA
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 47:1837-44. 2012..This study examines utilization rates and correlates of the receipt of psychotherapy...
- Changes in outpatient psychiatric diagnosis in privately insured children and adolescents from 1995 to 2000Ilan Harpaz-Rotem
Yale University, School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry, 25 Park Street, New Haven, CT 06519, USA
Child Psychiatry Hum Dev 34:329-40. 2004..An increase was also observed in Anxiety, ADHD and Depressive disorders. A decrease was observed in diagnostic prevalence of Oppositional, Adjustment and Substance Abuse disorders...
- Residential treatment for homeless female veterans with psychiatric and substance use disorders: effect on 1-year clinical outcomesIlan Harpaz-Rotem
Clinical Neurosciences Division, National Center for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Department of Veterans Affairs Connecticut Healthcare System, West Haven, CT, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 48:891-9. 2011..This study, in conjunction with others, suggests that provision of stable housing may be an important element of recovery for homeless women with psychiatric problems, excluding substance use...
- Serving those who served: retention of newly returning veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan in mental health treatmentIlan Harpaz-Rotem
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, 300 George St, Suite 901, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
Psychiatr Serv 62:22-7. 2011....
- A pathway to therapeutic change: changes in self-representation in the treatment of adolescents and young adultsIlan Harpaz-Rotem
Department of Psychiatry Yale University in New Haven, New Haven, Connecticut 06511, USA
Psychiatry 72:32-49. 2009..These results add further support to the importance of the therapeutic relationship in building more differentiated and integrated representations of self and of significant others...
- Tracing the flow of knowledge: geographic variability in the diffusion of prazosin use for the treatment of posttraumatic stress disorder nationally in the Department of Veterans AffairsIlan Harpaz-Rotem
Department of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 66:417-21. 2009..This treatment has been neither widely accepted nor the subject of active dissemination efforts, and its efficacy was discovered in a discrete geographic location...
- Pharmacologic treatment of posttraumatic stress disorder among privately insured AmericansIlan Harpaz-Rotem
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
Psychiatr Serv 59:1184-90. 2008..This study explored pharmacological treatment of PTSD among privately insured individuals...
- Changes in child and adolescent inpatient psychiatric admission diagnoses between 1995 and 2000Ilan Harpaz-Rotem
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, 25 Park Street GEB 617, New Haven, CT, 06519, USA
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 40:642-7. 2005..This study lends support to recent concerns that the prevalence of bipolar disorder among the youth is increasing. Further research is needed to identify the underlying reasons for these observed changes...
- Prescribing practices of psychiatrists and primary care physicians caring for children with mental illnessI Harpaz-Rotem
Yale University School of Medicine, Psychiatry, New Haven, CT, USA
Child Care Health Dev 32:225-37. 2006..At the same time, primary care physicians (PCPs) have become increasingly involved in prescribing psychotropic medications. This study compared the prescribing patterns of PCPs and psychiatrists caring for children with mental illness...
- The mental health of children exposed to maternal mental illness and homelessnessIlan Harpaz-Rotem
Department of Psychiatry, School of Medicine, Yale University, VA Healthcare System, 950 Campbell Ave, NEPEC 182 Bldg 8, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Community Ment Health J 42:437-48. 2006..A longitudinal study is needed to understand better the association between residential instability and children's mental health...
- Changes in representations of a self-designated significant other in long-term intensive inpatient treatment of seriously disturbed adolescents and young adultsIlan Harpaz-Rotem
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University, 300 George Street, Suite 901, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
Psychiatry 68:266-82. 2005....
- Treatment retention among children entering a new episode of mental health careIlan Harpaz-Rotem
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06519, USA
Psychiatr Serv 55:1022-8. 2004..Differences between children who received treatment from mental health professionals and those who were treated by primary care physicians were also examined...
- The earliest memory in individuals raised in either traditional and reformed kibbutz or outside the kibbutzIlan Harpaz-Rotem
The New School for Social Research, New York, USA
Memory 13:51-62. 2005..No gender differences were observed within each setting in the age of the earliest memory, but consistent with past research, memories reported by females were more elaborate than those reported by males...
- Impact of the seeking safety program on clinical outcomes among homeless female veterans with psychiatric disordersRani A Desai
Northeast Program Evaluation Center, Department of Veterans Affairs Connecticut Healthcare System 182, 950 Campbell Ave, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Psychiatr Serv 59:996-1003. 2008..This study examined its effectiveness when used with homeless women veterans with psychiatric or substance abuse problems at 11 Department of Veterans Affairs medical centers that had Homeless Women Veterans Programs...
- Health and social adjustment of homeless older adults with a mental illnessRebecca J Gordon
Department of Psychology, U S Department of Veterans Affairs VA Connecticut Healthcare System, 950 Campbell Ave, 116B, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Psychiatr Serv 63:561-8. 2012....
- Trauma experience among homeless female veterans: correlates and impact on housing, clinical, and psychosocial outcomesJack Tsai
Veterans Affairs New England Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center, West Haven, Connecticut, USA
J Trauma Stress 25:624-32. 2012..001). Trauma reported at baseline, however, was not predictive of 1-year outcomes, suggesting type and frequency of trauma does not negatively affect the housing gains homeless women veterans can achieve through homeless services...
- The role of coping, resilience, and social support in mediating the relation between PTSD and social functioning in veterans returning from Iraq and AfghanistanJack Tsai
VA New England Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center, West Haven, Connecticut, USA
Psychiatry 75:135-49. 2012..These results suggest that psychotherapeutic interventions that address these mediating variables may help improve social functioning in treatment-seeking veterans with PTSD...
- Examining the dimensionality of combat-related posttraumatic stress and depressive symptoms in treatment-seeking OEF/OIF/OND veteransJack Tsai
VA New England Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
J Affect Disord 135:310-4. 2011....
- Examining the relation between combat-related concussion, a novel 5-factor model of posttraumatic stress symptoms, and health-related quality of life in Iraq and Afghanistan veteransJack Tsai
Yale University, Department of Psychiatry, 950 Campbell Ave, 151D, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 73:1110-8. 2012....
- Support for a novel five-factor model of posttraumatic stress symptoms in three independent samples of Iraq/Afghanistan veterans: a confirmatory factor analytic studyRobert H Pietrzak
National Center for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Clinical Neurosciences Division, VA Connecticut Healthcare System, West Haven, CT, USA
J Psychiatr Res 46:317-22. 2012..However, little research has evaluated the best-fitting representation of PTSD symptoms in veterans of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars...
- Clinical epidemiology of urban violence: responding to children exposed to violence in ten communitiesIlan Harpaz-Rotem
Yale University, USA
J Interpers Violence 22:1479-90. 2007..Males were more likely to be offenders than females, and to be subjected to physical injuries or involved in incidents that imposed a threat to their life. Females were significantly more likely to be victimized...
- Duration of pharmacotherapy with long-acting injectable risperidone in the treatment of schizophreniaSomaia Mohamed
VA New England Mental Illness, Research, Education and Clinical Center, West Haven, CT, USA
Psychiatr Q 80:241-9. 2009....
- Cognitive-behavioral coping strategies associated with combat-related PTSD in treatment-seeking OEF-OIF VeteransRobert H Pietrzak
National Center for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, VA Connecticut Healthcare System, West Haven, CT, USA
Psychiatry Res 189:251-8. 2011....
- Longitudinal association of therapeutic alliance and clinical outcomes in supported housing for chronically homeless adultsJack Tsai
VA New England Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center, West Haven, 950 Campbell Ave, 151D, West Haven, CT, 06511, USA
Community Ment Health J 49:438-43. 2013..Client outcomes in supported housing may rely more on practical assistance and access to other services than the quality of the therapeutic relationship with their primary mental health provider. ..
- On an evolving theory of attachment: rapprochement-theory of a developing mindIlan Harpaz-Rotem
Yale University School of Medicine, USA
Psychoanal Study Child 61:170-89. 2006..This paper discusses the rapprochement stage in light of this new developmental perspective...