Affiliation: Yale University
- Abuse from in-laws and associations with attempts to control reproductive decisions among rural women in Côte d'Ivoire: a cross-sectional studyJ Gupta
Division of Chronic Disease Epidemiology, Yale School of Public Health, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
BJOG 119:1058-66. 2012....
- Men's exposure to human rights violations and relations with perpetration of intimate partner violence in South AfricaJhumka Gupta
Yale School of Public Health, New Haven, CT, USA
J Epidemiol Community Health 66:e2. 2012..Despite widespread apartheid-related human rights violations (HRV) and intimate partner violence (IPV) in South Africa, research investigating the influence of HRV on IPV perpetration is scarce...
- HIV vulnerabilities of sex-trafficked Indian women and girlsJhumka Gupta
Yale School of Public Health and Yale University Center for Interdisciplinary Research on AIDS, 60 College Street, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 107:30-4. 2009..To qualitatively explore potential mechanisms that may confer heightened risk for HIV infection among survivors of sex trafficking in India...
- Intimate partner violence perpetration, immigration status, and disparities in a community health center-based sample of menJhumka Gupta
Yale School of Public Health, 60 College St, Room 400, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Public Health Rep 125:79-87. 2010..We examined disparities in male perpetration of intimate partner violence (IPV) based on immigration status...
- History of sex trafficking, recent experiences of violence, and HIV vulnerability among female sex workers in coastal Andhra Pradesh, IndiaJhumka Gupta
Yale School of Public Health and Center for Interdisciplinary Research on AIDS, New Haven, USA
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 114:101-5. 2011..To estimate the prevalence of sex trafficking as a mode of entry into sex work, and to examine associations between sex trafficking and recent violence experiences and HIV vulnerability among female sex workers (FSWs)...
- Premigration exposure to political violence and perpetration of intimate partner violence among immigrant men in BostonJhumka Gupta
Yale University Center for Interdisciplinary Research on AIDS, New Haven, CT, USA
Am J Public Health 99:462-9. 2009..We examined associations between premigration political violence exposure and past-year intimate partner violence (IPV) perpetration among immigrant men attending community health centers in Boston...
- Physical violence against intimate partners and related exposures to violence among South African menJhumka Gupta
Yale School of Public Health and Center for Interdisciplinary Research on AIDS, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
CMAJ 179:535-41. 2008..Despite high rates of intimate partner violence in South Africa, there have been no national studies of men's perpetration of violence against female partners...
- Intimate partner violence associated with poor health outcomes in U.S. South Asian womenElizabeth J Himelfarb Hurwitz
Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Boston University School of Public Health, Massachusetts 02118, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 8:251-61. 2006..Experiences of IPV are related to increased poor health among South Asian women. This elevated risk demands intervention. Healthcare providers should be trained to screen and refer South Asian patients for partner violence...