Affiliation: Yale University
- Clinical efficacy of gabapentin versus tiagabine for reducing cocaine use among cocaine dependent methadone-treated patientsGerardo Gonzalez
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 87:1-9. 2007..GABAergic medications appear to reduce the reinforcing effects of cocaine by attenuating cocaine-induced dopamine release. This study evaluated gabapentin and tiagabine compared to placebo in reducing cocaine taking behavior...
- Comorbid major depressive disorder as a prognostic factor in cocaine-abusing buprenorphine-maintained patients treated with desipramine and contingency managementGerardo Gonzalez
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, and VA Connecticut Healthcare System, West Haven, Connecticut 06516, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 29:497-514. 2003..The ND cocaine-abusing, opiate-dependent patients may be more responsive to the anticraving effects of DMI...
- Tiagabine increases cocaine-free urines in cocaine-dependent methadone-treated patients: results of a randomized pilot studyGerardo Gonzalez
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, West Haven, CT, USA
Addiction 98:1625-32. 2003..We sought to evaluate the safety and efficacy of the GABAergic agent tiagabine in reducing cocaine use among methadone-treated patients...
- Combating opiate dependence: a comparison among the available pharmacological optionsGerardo Gonzalez
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 5:713-25. 2004....
- Preliminary study of buprenorphine and bupropion for opioid-dependent smokersMarc E Mooney
Department of Psychiatry, Transdisciplinary Tobacco Use Research Center, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55414, USA
Am J Addict 17:287-92. 2008..These preliminary findings do not support the efficacy of BUPRO, in combination with BUPRE, for the concurrent treatment of opioid and tobacco addiction...
- Six-month trial of bupropion with contingency management for cocaine dependence in a methadone-maintained populationJames Poling
Yale University School of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Connecticut Healthcare System, West Haven 06516, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 63:219-28. 2006..No effective pharmacotherapies exist for cocaine dependence, although contingency management (CM) has demonstrated efficacy...
- Clinical efficacy of citalopram alone or augmented with bupropion in methadone-stabilized patientsJames Poling
Yale University School of Medicine, VA Connecticut Healthcare System, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Am J Addict 16:187-94. 2007..The results indicate that neither citalopram nor citalopram augmented with bupropion were more effective than placebo in the treatment of opioid abuse...
- Desipramine and contingency management for cocaine and opiate dependence in buprenorphine maintained patientsThomas Kosten
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, VA New England MIRECC, VA Caonnecticut Healthcare System, 950 Campbell Avenue, Bldg 35, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 70:315-25. 2003..DMI and CM had independent and additive effects in facilitating cocaine-free urines in buprenorphine maintained patients. The antidepressant appeared to enhance responsiveness to CM reinforcement...
- Prediction of treatment outcome by baseline urine cocaine results and self-reported cocaine use for cocaine and opioid dependenceMehmet Sofuoglu
Department of Psychiatry and VA Connecticut Healthcare System, School of Medicine, Yale University, West Haven, Connecticut 06516, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 29:713-27. 2003..These results suggest that baseline cocaine urine results should be considered as stratifying variables in clinical trials for cocaine dependence...
- Progesterone effects on cocaine use in male cocaine users maintained on methadone: a randomized, double-blind, pilot studyMehmet Sofuoglu
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, Veterans Affairs Connecticut Healthcare System, Connecticut, USA
Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 15:453-60. 2007..60 vs. 0.73; U=4837, p<.04). These preliminary findings do not support the efficacy of progesterone in male cocaine users. The efficacy of progesterone in female cocaine users remains to be determined in future studies...
- Cocaine withdrawal symptoms predict medication response in cocaine usersMehmet Sofuoglu
Yale University, School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry and VA Connecticut Healthcare System, West Haven, Connecticut 06516, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 32:617-27. 2006..This hypothesis needs to be tested in prospective clinical trials...
- Outcomes and service use among homeless persons with serious mental illness and substance abuseGerardo Gonzalez
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06516, USA
Psychiatr Serv 53:437-46. 2002..This study compared baseline characteristics and clinical improvement after 12 months among homeless persons with a diagnosis of serious mental illness with and without a comorbid substance use disorder...
- Treatment of heroin (diamorphine) addiction: current approaches and future prospectsGerardo Gonzalez
Department of Psychiatry, Division of Substance Abuse, Yale University School of Medicine, VA Connecticut Healthcare System, West Haven, Connecticut 06516, USA
Drugs 62:1331-43. 2002..This new approach may facilitate the expansion of treatment while reducing the potential for medication diversion and intravenous use...
- Comorbid pain and opioid addiction: psychosocial and pharmacological treatmentsAmy Wachholtz
Department of Psychiatry, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, USA
Subst Use Misuse 46:1536-52. 2011....
- Comorbid Disorders in Treatment of Opiate DependenceGERARDO GONZALEZ HADDAD; Fiscal Year: 2005..This K23 research career award will enable me to start an academic career focusing on research in cocaine and opiate dependence and to develop a bridge between clinical trials and services research. ..
- Tiagabine for Cocaine Dependence in Methadone TreatmentGERARDO GONZALEZ HADDAD; Fiscal Year: 2007....