Affiliation: Yale University
- Prospective outcomes evaluation after decompression with or without instrumented fusion for lumbar stenosis and degenerative Grade I spondylolisthesisZoher Ghogawala
Department of Neurosurgery, Greenwich Hospital, Yale University School of Medicine, Greenwich, Connecticut 06830, USA
J Neurosurg Spine 1:267-72. 2004..The authors prospectively evaluated the outcomes of patients treated between 2000 and 2002 at two institutions to determine whether fusion improves functional outcome 1 year after surgery...
- Ventral versus dorsal decompression for cervical spondylotic myelopathy: surgeons' assessment of eligibility for randomization in a proposed randomized controlled trial: results of a survey of the Cervical Spine Research SocietyZoher Ghogawala
Department of Neurosurgery, Wallace Clinical Trials Center, Yale University School of Medicine, Greenwich Hospital, Greenwich, CT 06830, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:429-36. 2007..Surgeons attending a Cervical Spine Research Society (CSRS) meeting were surveyed about the surgical approach to cervical spondylotic myelopathy (CSM)...
- Cognitive outcomes after carotid revascularization: the role of cerebral emboli and hypoperfusionZoher Ghogawala
Wallace Clinical Trials Center, Greenwich Hospital, Greenwich, Connecticut 06830, USA
Neurosurgery 62:385-95; discussion 393-5. 2008..Understanding the mechanisms that affect cognitive outcomes after carotid revascularization will be important in the design of future comparative studies of CAS and CEA incorporating cognitive outcome as an endpoint...
- Comparative effectiveness of ventral vs dorsal surgery for cervical spondylotic myelopathyZoher Ghogawala
Wallace Clinical Trials Center, Yale University School of Medicine, Greenwich Hospital, Greenwich, CT 06830, USA
Neurosurgery 68:622-30; discussion 630-1. 2011..Cervical spondylotic myelopathy (CSM) is the most common cause of spinal cord dysfunction...
- Functional outcome instruments used for cervical spondylotic myelopathy: interscale correlation and prediction of preference-based quality of lifeRobert G Whitmore
Department of Neurosurgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, 3rd Floor Silverstein, 3400 Spruce St, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Spine J 13:902-7. 2013..There is limited literature comparing different functional outcome measures used for cervical spondylotic myelopathy (CSM)...
- The efficacy of lumbar discectomy and single-level fusion for spondylolisthesis: results from the NeuroPoint-SD registry: clinical articleZoher Ghogawala
Wallace Trials Center, Greenwich Hospital, Greenwich, Connecticut
J Neurosurg Spine 19:555-63. 2013....
- The effect of carotid endarterectomy on cerebral blood flow and cognitive functionZoher Ghogawala
Wallace Trials Center, Greenwich Hospital, Greenwich, Connecticut Department of Neurosurgery, Lahey Clinic, Burlington, Massachusetts Electronic address
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 22:1029-37. 2013..This study aims to characterize changes in cerebral blood flow after carotid endarterectomy and to determine if patients with improvement in cerebral blood flow have improved cognitive function after endarterectomy...
- Asymptomatic cervical canal stenosis: is there a risk of spinal cord injury?Zoher Ghogawala
Department of Neurosurgery, Lahey Clinic Medical Center, 41 Mall Rd, Burlington, MA 01805, USA Wallace Clinical Trials Center, Greenwich Hospital, 5 Perryridge Road, Greenwich, CT 06830, USA Electronic address
Spine J 13:613-4. 2013..Spine J 2013;13:597-604 (in this issue) and Aebli N, Wicki AG, Rüegg TB, et al. The Torg-Pavlov ratio for the prediction of acute spinal cord injury after a minor trauma to the cervical spine. Spine J 2013;13:605-12 (in this issue)...
- Commentary: Reoperation for adjacent level disease in the cervical spine: not a simple end pointZoher Ghogawala
Lahey Clinic Medical Center, 41 Mall Rd, Burlington, MA 01805, USA Wallace Clinical Trials Center, 5 Perryridge Rd, Greenwich, CT 06830, USA
Spine J 12:379-80. 2012..Factors affecting reoperations after anterior cervical discectomy and fusion within and outside of a Federal Drug Administration investigational device exemption cervical disc replacement trial. Spine J 2012;12:372-8 (in this issue)...
- Performing a cost analysis in spine outcomes research: comparing ventral and dorsal approaches for cervical spondylotic myelopathyRobert G Whitmore
Department of Neurosurgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Neurosurgery 70:860-7; discussion 867. 2012..Medical cost analysis is increasingly important, but the methodology is complex and varied...