Annabelle L Fonseca
Affiliation: Yale University
- Graduating general surgery resident operative confidence: perspective from a national surveyAnnabelle L Fonseca
Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut Electronic address
J Surg Res 190:419-28. 2014..Given these changes, this study was undertaken to assess the confidence of graduating general surgery residents in performing open surgical operations and to determine factors associated with increased confidence...
- Operative confidence of graduating surgery residents: a training challenge in a changing environmentAnnabelle L Fonseca
Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT 06510, USA Electronic address
Am J Surg 207:797-805. 2014....
- Pediatric thymomas: report of two cases and comprehensive review of the literatureAnnabelle L Fonseca
Department of Pediatric Surgery, Yale School of Medicine, FMB 107, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, CT, 06511, USA
Pediatr Surg Int 30:275-86. 2014..There are fewer than 50 reported cases and no comprehensive review. We sought to evaluate our recent experience with pediatric thymomas, and comprehensively review the extant literature...
- Omental vein catheter thrombolysis for acute porto-mesenteric vein thrombosisAnnabelle L Fonseca
Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 27:497.e1-4. 2013..We report here a patient who presented with acute-onset MVT and bowel infarction, which was successfully ameliorated with intramesenteric vein thrombolytic therapy...
- Nasogastric drainage may be unnecessary after pancreaticoduodenectomy: a comparison of routine vs selective decompressionJohn W Kunstman
Department of Surgery, Section of Surgical Oncology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8062, USA
J Am Coll Surg 217:481-8. 2013..This study seeks to evaluate the effects on patient outcomes of routine vs selective NGT use after PD...
- Open surgical simulation in residency training: a review of its status and a case for its incorporationAnnabelle L Fonseca
Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8062, USA
J Surg Educ 70:129-37. 2013..In this study, we systematically review the current status of simulation technology in the training of open surgical skills with the aim of clarifying its role and promise in the education of surgical residents...
- Somatic and germline CACNA1D calcium channel mutations in aldosterone-producing adenomas and primary aldosteronismUte I Scholl
Department of Genetics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Nat Genet 45:1050-4. 2013..These findings implicate gain-of-function Ca(2+) channel mutations in APAs and primary aldosteronism. ..
- Experience with thoracoscopic pneumonectomies at a single institutionAnthony W Kim
From the Section of Thoracic Surgery, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT USA
Innovations (Phila) 9:82-6; discussion 86. 2014..The aim of this study was to review a single-institution experience with video-assisted thoracoscopic pneumonectomy (VATP)...
- Epigenetic silencing of RASSF1A deregulates cytoskeleton and promotes malignant behavior of adrenocortical carcinomaReju Korah
Department of Surgery, Yale Endocrine Neoplasia Laboratory, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Mol Cancer 12:87. 2013..This study specifically evaluates the potential role of epigenetic silencing of RASSF1A, the most commonly silenced tumor suppressor gene, in adrenocortical malignancy...
- Comprehensive analysis of variables affecting delayed gastric emptying following pancreaticoduodenectomyJohn W Kunstman
Section of Surgical Oncology, Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, P O Box 208062, New Haven, CT 06520 8062, USA
J Gastrointest Surg 16:1354-61. 2012..Secondarily, we also examined DGE incidence over time and evaluated the consensus guidelines' ability to diagnose DGE in patients with complicated post-operative courses...