Paul R Falzer
Affiliation: Yale University
- The practitioner proposes a treatment change and the patient declines: what to do next?Paul R Falzer
Clinical Epidemiology Research Center, VA Connecticut Healthcare System, West Haven, Connecticut 06516, USA
Pain Pract 13:215-26. 2013..This study describes how pain practitioners can elicit the beliefs that are responsible for patients' judgments against considering a treatment change and activate collaborative decision making...
- Valuing Structured Professional Judgment: Predictive Validity, Decision-making, and the Clinical-Actuarial ConflictPaul R Falzer
VA Connecticut Healthcare System, Clinical Epidemiology Research Center, 950 Campbell Avenue, Bldg 35A, West Haven, CT, 06516, U S A
Behav Sci Law 31:40-54. 2013..The paper closes by noting a current effort to establish a viable and complementary relationship between SPJ and decision-making theory. Copyright © 2013 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd...
- Optimizing clozapine through clinical decision makingP R Falzer
VA Connecticut Healthcare System, Clinical Epidemiology Research Center, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Acta Psychiatr Scand 126:47-58. 2012..The study describes how the patient's perspective influences clinicians' decision strategies and affects their clozapine recommendations...
- Evidence-based decision-making as a practice-based learning skill: a pilot studyPaul R Falzer
Clinical Epidemiology Research Center, VA Connecticut Healthcare System, New Haven, CT, USA
Acad Psychiatry 36:104-9. 2012..This article describes and tests a program that is consistent with the ACGME's multilevel competency-based approach, targets students at four levels of training, and features progressive learning objectives and assessments...
- Cognitive schema and naturalistic decision making in evidence-based practicesPaul R Falzer
Department of Psychiatry, Yale School of Medicine, CMHC, 34 Park Street, Room 144, New Haven, CT 06508, USA
J Biomed Inform 37:86-98. 2004..The paper discusses how naturalistic theory can assist clinicians, administrators, researchers, and policy makers in achieving a balance between evidence-based medicine and patient-centered practice...
- Examining the influence of clinician decision making on adherence to a clinical guidelinePaul R Falzer
Clinical Epidemiology Research Center, Department of Veterans Affairs, Connecticut Healthcare System, 950 Campbell Ave, Building 35A, Mailcode 151B, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Psychiatr Serv 60:698-701. 2009..The study presented here attempted to account for this low rate by using clinical vignettes to manipulate key factors...
- Contextual decision making and the implementation of clinical guidelines: an example from mental healthPaul R Falzer
Veterans Administration Connecticut Healthcare System, Clinical Epidemiology Research Center, West Haven, Connecticut 06516, USA
Acad Med 85:548-55. 2010..a new standard of incorporation and a companion matching test, and addresses two questions: (1) Do clinicians incorporate a treatment guideline even when they do not endorse it? (2) If so, do they incorporate the guideline consistently?..
- A conditional model of evidence-based decision makingPaul R Falzer
VA Connecticut Healthcare System, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
J Eval Clin Pract 15:1142-51. 2009..This study proposed that forecasted outcomes affect the recognition of a treatment scenario, and this recognition triggers distinct contextual decision strategies...
- Mental health service provision in juvenile justice facilities: pre- and postrelease psychiatric careJohn F Chapman
State of Connecticut Judicial Branch, Court Support Services Division, 936 Silas Deane Highway, Wethersfield, CT 06516, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am 15:445-58, ix. 2006..It examines the role of the psychiatrist and the structure of mental health services within juvenile justice facilities...
- Image Theory in Disseminating Evidence-Based PracticesPaul Falzer; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..