E J Edelman
Affiliation: Yale University
- The impact of buprenorphine/naloxone treatment on HIV risk behaviors among HIV-infected, opioid-dependent patientsE Jennifer Edelman
Yale University School of Medicine, PO Box 208025, New Haven, CT 06520, United States Center for Interdisciplinary Research on AIDS, Yale School of Public Health, New Haven, CT, United States Electronic address
Drug Alcohol Depend 139:79-85. 2014..Opioid dependence is a major risk factor for HIV infection, however, the impact of buprenorphine/naloxone treatment on HIV risk behaviors among HIV-infected opioid-dependent patients is unknown...
- The next therapeutic challenge in HIV: polypharmacyE Jennifer Edelman
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Drugs Aging 30:613-28. 2013..After reviewing the relevant literature, we propose an adapted framework with which to address polypharmacy among those on lifelong ART and suggest areas for future work. ..
- Receipt of opioid analgesics by HIV-infected and uninfected patientsE Jennifer Edelman
Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, PO Box 208093, New Haven, CT 06520 8088, USA
J Gen Intern Med 28:82-90. 2013..Opioids are increasingly prescribed, but there are limited data on opioid receipt by HIV status...
- Combining rapid HIV testing and a brief alcohol intervention in young unhealthy drinkers in the emergency department: a pilot studyE Jennifer Edelman
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Clinical Scholars Program, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 38:539-43. 2012..We sought to determine the feasibility and impact of brief alcohol/ sexual risk reduction counseling with rapid HIV testing in the emergency department (ED)...
- Patient-reported symptoms on the antiretroviral regimen efavirenz/emtricitabine/tenofovirE Jennifer Edelman
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Clinical Scholars Program, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 26:312-9. 2012..The use of EFV/FTC/TDF was independently associated with health-related quality of life, and this association was at least partially explained by symptom burden...
- Patient and provider-reported symptoms in the post-cART eraE J Edelman
Robert Wood Johnson Clinical Scholars Program, New Haven, CT, USA
AIDS Behav 15:853-61. 2011..Nine out of 20 symptoms correlated with clinical outcomes. Providers universally under recognized symptoms and demonstrated poor agreement beyond chance when patient-report was used as the gold standard...