Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Yale University
- Ethanol exposure depletes hepatic pigment epithelium-derived factor, a novel lipid regulatorChuhan Chung
Department of Medicine, Section of Digestive Diseases, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06516, USA
Gastroenterology 136:331-340.e2. 2009..Because matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-2/9 activity regulates PEDF levels, we investigated whether PEDF degradation by MMPs has a permissive role in ethanol-induced hepatic steatosis...
- The vacuolar-ATPase modulates matrix metalloproteinase isoforms in human pancreatic cancerChuhan Chung
Department of Medicine, Section of Digestive Diseases, VA CT Research, VA CT Healthcare System, Yale University School of Medicine, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Lab Invest 91:732-43. 2011..Thus, v-ATPase selectively modulates specific MMPs that may be linked to an invasive cancer phenotype...
- Anti-angiogenic pigment epithelium-derived factor regulates hepatocyte triglyceride content through adipose triglyceride lipase (ATGL)Chuhan Chung
Department of Medicine, Section of Digestive Diseases, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
J Hepatol 48:471-8. 2008..We postulated that hepatocyte triglyceride metabolism was dependent on interactions between PEDF and ATGL, and loss of PEDF would impair mobilization of triglycerides in the liver...
- Pigment epithelium-derived factor regulates early pancreatic fibrotic responses and suppresses the profibrotic cytokine thrombospondin-1John C Schmitz
Section of Digestive Diseases, VA Connecticut Healthcare System, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Am J Pathol 179:2990-9. 2011..PEDF-null mice, however, demonstrated enhanced early fibrotic responses compared with wild-type mice with pancreatitis. These findings indicate that PEDF acts as a compensatory antifibrotic cytokine in pancreatitis...
- Pigment epithelium-derived factor is an angiogenesis and lipid regulator that activates peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alphaChuhan Chung
Section of Digestive Disease, Yale University School of Medicine, West Haven, CT, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 617:591-7. 2008..These data show that PEDF regulates lipid metabolism through activation of the transcription factor PPARalpha...
- Insulin resistance is associated with elevated serum pigment epithelium-derived factor (PEDF) levels in morbidly obese patientsArijeet K Gattu
Veteran s Affairs Medical Center, West Haven, CT 06516, USA
Acta Diabetol 49:S161-9. 2012..016). These data demonstrate that serum PEDF concentrations better relate to insulin resistance than to adiposity and suggest that PEDF expression is closely linked to the development of insulin resistance...
- Absence of Nogo-B (reticulon 4B) facilitates hepatic stellate cell apoptosis and diminishes hepatic fibrosis in miceKeitaro Tashiro
Section of Digestive Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Am J Pathol 182:786-95. 2013..The absence of Nogo-B enhances apoptosis of HSCs in experimental cirrhosis. Selective blockade of Nogo-B in HSCs may represent a potential therapeutic strategy to mitigate liver fibrosis...
- The lymphatic vascular system in liver diseases: its role in ascites formationChuhan Chung
Section of Digestive Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Clin Mol Hepatol 19:99-104. 2013..This article summarizes: 1) the lymphatic vascular system; 2) its role in liver tumors, liver fibrosis/cirrhosis and portal hypertension; and 3) its role in ascites formation. ..
- Reticulon 4B (Nogo-B) is a novel regulator of hepatic fibrosisDahai Zhang
Section of Digestive Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Hepatology 53:1306-15. 2011..Four weeks after BDL, portal pressure was significantly increased in WT mice by 47%, compared with sham-operated controls (P = 0.03), whereas such an increase in portal pressure was not observed in NGB KO mice (P = NS)...