Genomes and Genes
Michael A Choma
Affiliation: Yale University
- A novel approach to quantifying ciliary physiology: microfluidic mixing driven by a ciliated biological surfaceStephan Jonas
Dept of Diagnostic Radiology, Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA
Lab Chip 13:4160-3. 2013..Here, we report a novel microfluidic approach for quantifying the performance of a ciliated surface using mixing performance as an integrated readout. ..
- Heart wall velocimetry and exogenous contrast-based cardiac flow imaging in Drosophila melanogaster using Doppler optical coherence tomographyMichael A Choma
Children s Hospital Boston, and Harvard Medical School, Department of Pediatrics, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biomed Opt 15:056020. 2010..The results presented here open up new possibilities for functional cardiovascular phenotyping of normal and mutant D. melanogaster...
- Physiological homology between Drosophila melanogaster and vertebrate cardiovascular systemsMichael A Choma
Children s Hospital Boston, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dis Model Mech 4:411-20. 2011..Our results demonstrate physiological homology and support the use of D. melanogaster as an animal model of complex cardiovascular disease...
- Spatial coherence of random laser emissionBrandon Redding
Department of Applied Physics, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06511, USA
Opt Lett 36:3404-6. 2011..This work demonstrates that random lasers can be controlled to provide intense, spatially incoherent emission for applications in which spatial cross talk or speckle limit performance...
- Endogenous contrast blood flow imaging in embryonic hearts using hemoglobin contrast subtraction angiographyEngin Deniz
Department of Pediatrics, Yale University, 333 Cedar Street, New Haven, Connecticut 06510, USA
Opt Lett 37:2979-81. 2012..We demonstrated that hemoglobin contrast angiography can be used to quantify physiological response to treatment with well-established cardioactive drugs...