Peggy Guey Chi Chen
Affiliation: Yale University
- International medical graduates in the USA: a qualitative study on perceptions of physician migrationP G Chen
Division of Health Policy and Administration, Yale University School of Public Health, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
BMJ Open 1:e000138. 2011..Future efforts to address physician migration will need to acknowledge the immediate needs of the health workforce as well as the long-term needs of individuals within health systems...
- Sources of education about breastfeeding and breast pump use: what effect do they have on breastfeeding duration? An analysis of the Infant Feeding Practices Survey IIPeggy G Chen
Division of Health Policy and Administration, Yale University School of Epidemiology and Public Health, 47 College Street, Room 104, New Haven, CT 06520 8088, USA
Matern Child Health J 16:1421-30. 2012..This emphasizes the importance of fostering a positive sphere of influence around breastfeeding women. Future work should also investigate alternative levers of action, such as policies affecting insurance coverage of breast pumps...
- Career satisfaction in primary care: a comparison of international and US medical graduatesPeggy G Chen
Division of Health Policy and Administration, Yale School of Public Health, 47 College Street, New Haven, CT 06520 8088, USA
J Gen Intern Med 27:147-52. 2012..Low career satisfaction has adverse consequences on physician recruitment and retention...
- Professional experiences of international medical graduates practicing primary care in the United StatesPeggy Guey Chi Chen
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Clinical Scholars, Yale University School of Medicine, 333 Cedar Street IE 61 SHM, PO Box 208088, New Haven, CT 06520 8088, USA
J Gen Intern Med 25:947-53. 2010..Despite the central role of IMGs in the US healthcare system, understanding of their professional experiences is limited...
- Dissemination of results in community-based participatory researchPeggy G Chen
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Clinical Scholars Program, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Am J Prev Med 39:372-8. 2010..Although broad dissemination of research results is a key element of the CBPR approach, existing dissemination efforts have not been assessed...
- Professional challenges of non-U.S.-born international medical graduates and recommendations for support during residency trainingPeggy Guey Chi Chen
Division of Health Policy and Administration, Yale University School of Public Health, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8088, USA
Acad Med 86:1383-8. 2011..The authors interviewed a diverse group of IMGs to identify challenges that might be eased by targeted interventions provided within the structure of residency training...