Affiliation: Yale University
- Analysis of a remote system to closely monitor glycemia and insulin pump delivery--is this the beginning of a wireless transformation in diabetes management?Eda Cengiz
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Yale School of Medicine, 333 Cedar St LMP 3103, P O Box 208064, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
J Diabetes Sci Technol 7:362-4. 2013..Based on the results, the mySentry system met all predefined criteria for acceptability without safety issues in this small-scale, short-term study and as an example of wireless systems integration in diabetes management...
- Undeniable need for ultrafast-acting insulin: the pediatric perspectiveEda Cengiz
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
J Diabetes Sci Technol 6:797-801. 2012..Lastly, it briefly summarizes ongoing and future projects to accelerate insulin action in youth with T1DM...
- The alteration of aspart insulin pharmacodynamics when mixed with detemir insulinEda Cengiz
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Diabetes Care 35:690-2. 2012..This crossover, randomized study was undertaken to determine whether mixing aspart with detemir insulin has an adverse effect on the early glucodynamic action of rapid-acting insulin analog in humans...
- A bridge to insulin pump therapy: twice-daily regimen with NPH and detemir insulins during initial treatment of youth with type 1 diabetes mellitusEda Cengiz
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Endocr Pract 17:862-6. 2011....
- Early pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic effects of mixing lispro with glargine insulin: results of glucose clamp studies in youth with type 1 diabetesEda Cengiz
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Diabetes Care 33:1009-12. 2010....
- A tale of two compartments: interstitial versus blood glucose monitoringEda Cengiz
Section of Pediatric Endocrinology and Yale Center for Clinical Investigation, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 11:S11-6. 2009..This article will review the differences between interstitial and blood glucose and some of the challenges in measuring interstitial glucose levels accurately...
- Is an automatic pump suspension feature safe for children with type 1 diabetes? An exploratory analysis with a closed-loop systemEda Cengiz
Department of Pediatrics, Section of Pediatric Endocrinology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 11:207-10. 2009..It has been proposed that the first step towards a closed-loop artificial pancreas might be to use a continuous glucose sensor to automatically suspend the basal insulin delivery based on projected low sensor glucose values...
- Putting brakes on insulin pump infusion to prevent hypoglycemiaEda Cengiz
Yale Pediatric Endocrinology, New Haven, Connecticut 06519, USA
J Diabetes Sci Technol 5:1142-3. 2011....
- New-generation diabetes management: glucose sensor-augmented insulin pump therapyEda Cengiz
Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Expert Rev Med Devices 8:449-58. 2011..This article summarizes the evolution of sensor-augmented insulin pump therapy until present day and its future applications in new-generation diabetes management...
- Effect of insulin feedback on closed-loop glucose control: a crossover studyJessica L Ruiz
Department of Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520 8064, USA
J Diabetes Sci Technol 6:1123-30. 2012..An insulin feedback (IFB) modification to the PID algorithm has been introduced to mitigate this risk. We examined the effect of IFB on CL BG control...
- From pumps to prevention: recent advances in the treatment of type 1 diabetesJennifer Sherr
Department of Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, United States
Drug Discov Today 14:973-81. 2009..Another area of exploration is the autoimmune process that causes beta-cell destruction. Immunomodulators used for T1DM prevention and secondary intervention will be reviewed...
- Effect of pramlintide on prandial glycemic excursions during closed-loop control in adolescents and young adults with type 1 diabetesStuart A Weinzimer
Department of Pediatrics, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Diabetes Care 35:1994-9. 2012..We hypothesized that delaying gastric emptying with preprandial injections of pramlintide would improve postprandial glycemia by allowing a better match between carbohydrate and insulin absorptions...
- Acceleration of insulin pharmacodynamic profile by a novel insulin infusion site warming deviceEda Cengiz
Division of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Pediatr Diabetes 14:168-73. 2013..2 unit/kg bolus dose of aspart insulin using the euglycemic clamp technique...
- Severe hypoglycemia and diabetic ketoacidosis among youth with type 1 diabetes in the T1D Exchange clinic registryEda Cengiz
Department of Endocrinology, Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA
Pediatr Diabetes 14:447-54. 2013..The aim of this study was to determine the frequency of SH and DKA and identify factors related to their occurrence in the T1D Exchange pediatric and young adult cohort...
- Diabetic ketoacidosis at diabetes onset: still an all too common threat in youthGeorgeanna J Klingensmith
Department of Pediatrics, Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, CO, USA
J Pediatr 162:330-4.e1. 2013..To define the demographic and clinical characteristics of children at the onset of type 1 diabetes (T1D), with particular attention to the frequency of diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA)...