Alix J E Carter
Affiliation: Yale University
- A systematic review of the impact of nurse practitioners on cost, quality of care, satisfaction and wait times in the emergency departmentAlix J E Carter
Section of Emergency Medicine, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut 06519, USA
CJEM 9:286-95. 2007..The hiring of nurse practitioners (NPs) is one proposed solution to the ongoing overcrowding and physician shortage facing emergency departments (EDs)...
- The impact of ambulance diversion on EMS resource availabilityAlix J E Carter
University of Manitoba Section of Emergency Medicine, Winnipeg, Canada
Prehosp Emerg Care 11:421-6. 2007..The impact on EMS resources is not known. This study seeks to determine how diversion impacts the availability of ambulance resources, specifically transport time, hospital turnaround, and total out-of-service time...
- Prehospital care and new models of regionalizationDavid C Cone
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Acad Emerg Med 17:1337-45. 2010....
- Information loss in emergency medical services handover of trauma patientsAlix J E Carter
Department of Surgery, Section of Emergency Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Prehosp Emerg Care 13:280-5. 2009..The trauma literature describes 16 prehospital data points that affect outcome and therefore should be included in the EMS report when applicable...
- Transport refusal by hypoglycemic patients after on-scene intravenous dextroseAlix J E Carter
University of Western Ontario Faculty of Medicine, London, ON, Canada
Acad Emerg Med 9:855-7. 2002....