K M Blankenship
Affiliation: Yale University
- Structural interventions: concepts, challenges and opportunities for researchK M Blankenship
Center for Interdisciplinary Research on AIDS, Yale University, USA
J Urban Health 83:59-72. 2006..In this paper, we seek to move these discussions forward by highlighting a number of critical issues raised by structural interventions, and the subsequent implications of these for research...
- Criminal law, policing policy, and HIV risk in female street sex workers and injection drug usersKim M Blankenship
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Center for Interdisciplinary Research on AIDS, Yale University, USA
J Law Med Ethics 30:548-59. 2002
- Correlates of HIV infection among incarcerated women: implications for improving detection of HIV infectionFrederick L Altice
Yale University, School of Medecine, New Haven, CT 06510 2283, USA
J Urban Health 82:312-26. 2005..Alternative methods of facilitating more widespread HIV testing, such as saliva tests, rapid serologic tests, and more routine testing in high HIV-prevalence areas should be considered both for clinical and for public health benefits...
- Compensation for incarcerated research participants: diverse state policies suggest a new research agendaAmy B Smoyer
Center for Interdisciplinary Research on AIDS, Yale University, 135 College St 200, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Am J Public Health 99:1746-52. 2009..Anecdotal data suggest considerable administrative discretion in the implementation of these policies. Further study is needed on how compensation policies are formulated and enacted and their effects on research with prisoners...
- Black-white disparities in HIV/AIDS: the role of drug policy and the corrections systemKim M Blankenship
Center for Interdisciplinary Research on AIDS, Yale University, Connecticut, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 16:140-56. 2005..Future research must further our understanding of the relations among drug policy, corrections, and race-based disparities in HIV/AIDS...
- The impact of needle exchange-based health services on emergency department useHarold A Pollack
School of Public Health, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48109 2029, USA
J Gen Intern Med 17:341-8. 2002....
- Addressing the "risk environment" for injection drug users: the mysterious case of the missing copScott Burris
Temple University, Beasley School of Law, Philadelphia, PA 19122, USA
Milbank Q 82:125-56. 2004....
- The association between history of violence and HIV risk: a cross-sectional study of HIV-negative incarcerated women in ConnecticutAnita Ravi
Atlanta, GA, USA
Womens Health Issues 17:210-6. 2007....
- Assessment of self-reported sexual behavior and condom use among female sex workers in India using a polling box approach: a preliminary reportSarah E Hanck
Center for Interdisciplinary Research on AIDS CIRA, Yale School of Public Health, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Sex Transm Dis 35:489-94. 2008..We designed and tested a "polling box" method for case-attributable, multiple-response survey items in a low literacy population...