Robert D Beech
Affiliation: Yale University
- Altered expression of cytokine signaling pathway genes in peripheral blood cells of alcohol dependent subjects: preliminary findingsRobert D Beech
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06519, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 36:1487-96. 2012..However, these changes have not been systematically assessed on the basis of alcohol consumption in human subjects...
- Increased ratio of anti-apoptotic to pro-apoptotic Bcl2 gene-family members in lithium-responders one month after treatment initiationLori Lowthert
Department of Psychiatry, New Haven, CT, 06511, USA
Biol Mood Anxiety Disord 2:15. 2012..abstract:..
- Nestin promoter/enhancer directs transgene expression to precursors of adult generated periglomerular neuronsRobert D Beech
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, 34 Park Street, 3rd Floor, New Haven, CT 06508, USA
J Comp Neurol 475:128-41. 2004..The ability to express different transgenes within this subpopulation of neuronal precursors provides a powerful system to define the signals regulating the differentiation and survival of adult-generated neurons in the olfactory bulb...
- Increased peripheral blood expression of electron transport chain genes in bipolar depressionRobert D Beech
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, 300 George Street, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
Bipolar Disord 12:813-24. 2010..To identify specific genetic pathways showing altered expression in peripheral blood of depressed subjects with bipolar disorder (BPD)...
- High-affinity nicotinic acetylcholine receptors are required for antidepressant effects of amitriptyline on behavior and hippocampal cell proliferationBarbara J Caldarone
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, 34 Park Street, New Haven, CT 06508, USA
Biol Psychiatry 56:657-64. 2004..A wide variety of antidepressants act as noncompetitive antagonists of nicotinic acetylcholine receptors (nAChRs), but the relationship between this antagonism and the therapeutic effects of antidepressants is unknown...
- Dynamic contribution of nestin-expressing stem cells to adult neurogenesisDiane C Lagace
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9070, USA
J Neurosci 27:12623-9. 2007....
- Altered response to antidepressant treatment in FoxG1 heterozygous knockout miceRebecca Kinsler
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06511, USA
Synapse 64:169-71. 2010..FoxG1+/- mice showed no response to antidepressants in either of these tests. These results suggest that normal levels of FoxG1 may be required for the behavioral response to antidepressants...
- Alteration of hippocampal cell proliferation in mice lacking the beta 2 subunit of the neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptorAlexia Harrist
Department of Psychiatry, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06508, USA
Synapse 54:200-6. 2004....
- GENETIC MODEL FOR THE ROLE OF NEUROGENESIS IN ANTIDEPRESSANT RESPONSEROBERT BEECH; Fiscal Year: 2007..This, in turn, should allow for a more rational search for new medications for the treatment of depression, and potentially other mental illnesses as well. ..