Jon S Beadell
Affiliation: Yale University
- Global phylogeographic limits of Hawaii's avian malariaJon S Beadell
Genetics Program, National Zoological Park and National Museum of Natural History, Washington, DC 20008, USA
Proc Biol Sci 273:2935-44. 2006..The rarity of this lineage in the continental New World and the restriction of closely related lineages to the Old World suggest limitations to the transmission of reproductively isolated parasite groups within the morphological species...
- Host associations and evolutionary relationships of avian blood parasites from West AfricaJon S Beadell
Center for Conservation and Evolutionary Genetics, National Zoological Park, Smithsonian Institution, 3001 Connecticut Avenue, Washington, DC 20008, USA
Int J Parasitol 39:257-66. 2009..Since host specificity may also influence parasite virulence, these results argue for considering the impact of haematozoa on avian hosts on a lineage-specific basis...
- Genetic diversity and population structure of Glossina pallidipes in Uganda and western KenyaJohnson O Ouma
Trypanosomiasis Research Centre, Kenya Agricultural Research Institute, Kikuyu, Kenya
Parasit Vectors 4:122. 2011..It is unknown whether the G. pallidipes belt in southeastern Uganda extends into western Kenya. We investigated the genetic diversity and population structure of G. pallidipes in Uganda and western Kenya...
- Temporal stability of Glossina fuscipes fuscipes populations in UgandaRichard Echodu
Faculty of Science, Gulu University, Uganda
Parasit Vectors 4:19. 2011..f. fuscipes distributed across southeastern Uganda, including a zone of contact between two historically isolated lineages. A total of 667 tsetse flies were genotyped at 16 microsatellite loci and at one mitochondrial locus...
- Diversity and distribution of avian haematozoan parasites in the western Indian Ocean region: a molecular surveyFarah Ishtiaq
Center for Conservation and Evolutionary Genetics, National Zoological Park, Smithsonian Institution, 3001, Connecticut Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20008 0551, USA
Parasitology 139:221-31. 2012..Full understanding of parasite community composition and possible threats to endemic avian hosts will require comprehensive surveys across the avifauna of this region...
- Prevalence and evolutionary relationships of haematozoan parasites in native versus introduced populations of common myna Acridotheres tristisFarah Ishtiaq
Genetics Program, Smithsonian Institution, Connecticut Avenue, North West, Washington, DC 20008, USA
Proc Biol Sci 273:587-94. 2006....
- Evolution of microsatellite loci in the adaptive radiation of Hawaiian honeycreepersLori S Eggert
Center for Conservation and Evolutionary Genetics, National Zoological Park and National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution, 3001 Connecticut Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20008, USA
J Hered 100:137-47. 2009..Despite this, we found that their use in phylogenetic inference was limited to closely related honeycreeper species...
- Phylogeography and taxonomy of Trypanosoma bruceiOliver Balmer
Department of Medical Parasitology and Infection Biology, Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute, Basel, Switzerland
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 5:e961. 2011..Characterizing the evolutionary relationships and population structure of parasites can provide important insights into the epidemiology of human disease...
- Immunological change in a parasite-impoverished environment: divergent signals from four island taxaJon S Beadell
Genetics Program, National Zoological Park, Washington, DC, United States of America
PLoS ONE 2:e896. 2007..Consequently, predicting the impact of introduced disease on the many other endemic faunas of the remote Pacific will remain a challenge...