Ivy M Alexander
Affiliation: Yale University
- The history of hormone therapy use and recent controversy related to heart disease and breast cancer arising from prevention trial outcomesIvy M Alexander
Yale University School of Nursing, New Haven, CT 06536 0740, USA
J Midwifery Womens Health 57:547-57. 2012..In this article, contradictory evidence is carefully sifted so risks and benefits can be weighed by clinicians when partnering with women to individualize decisions about using hormone therapy...
- Characteristics of and problems with primary care interactions experienced by an ethnically diverse group of womenIvy M Alexander
Yale University School of Nursing, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 16:300-10. 2004..To reflect women's voices as they discussed characteristics of health care interactions and spontaneously identified problems in primary care interactions...
- Treating vasomotor symptoms of menopause: the nurse practitioner's perspectiveIvy M Alexander
Yale University School of Nursing, New Haven, Connecticut 06536 0740, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 19:152-63. 2007..This article reviews the pathophysiology of vasomotor symptoms (VMS) of menopause and current management options...
- Emancipatory actions displayed by multi-ethnic women: "Regaining control of my health care"Ivy M Alexander
Yale University School of Nursing, 100 Church Street South, New Haven, Connecticut 06536 0740, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 22:602-11. 2010....
- The use of focus group methodology in health disparities researchCoralease C Ruff
College of Pharmacy, Nursing and Allied Health Sciences, Howard University, Washington, DC 20059, USA
Nurs Outlook 53:134-40. 2005..Throughout, we explain how we applied these principles and we conclude by sharing lessons learned from our study on menopause and midlife experiences in Black women...