Maria D F S Barbosa
Affiliation: Xencor Inc
- Regulated expression of the Escherichia coli lepB gene as a tool for cellular testing of antimicrobial compounds that inhibit signal peptidase I in vitroMaria D F S Barbosa
Departments of Antimicrobial Research, Bristol Myers Squibb Company, Wilmington, Delaware 19880, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:3549-54. 2002..MD3 and MD4, a reactive analog of MD3, inhibited growth of E. coli under-expressing lepB. However, growth rescue in the presence of these compounds following increased lepB expression was observed only after prolonged incubation...
- Clinical link between MHC class II haplotype and interferon-beta (IFN-beta) immunogenicityMaria D F S Barbosa
Xencor, Inc, 111 W Lemon Avenue, Monrovia, CA 91016, USA
Clin Immunol 118:42-50. 2006..In addition, elucidation of the factors underlying the anti-IFN-beta antibody response should accelerate the engineering of less immunogenic IFN-beta therapeutics...
- A multitarget assay for inhibitors of membrane-associated steps of peptidoglycan biosynthesisMaria D F S Barbosa
Department of Antimicrobial Research, Bristol Myers Squibb Pharmaceuticals, Wilmington, Delaware 19880, USA
Anal Biochem 306:17-22. 2002..Using a 96-well assay format, the IC50 values for vancomycin, tunicamycin, flavomycin, and bacitracin were 1.1 microM, 0.01 microg/ml, 0.03 microg/ml, and 0.7 microg/ml, respectively...
- An array of target-specific screening strains for antibacterial discoveryJoseph A DeVito
Department of Antimicrobial Research, Bristol Myers Squibb Company, Wilmington, DE 19880, USA
Nat Biotechnol 20:478-83. 2002..As an example of the target specificity of the approach, compounds identified in the whole-cell screen for MurA inhibitors were also found to block the biochemical function of the target when tested in vitro...
- Development of a whole-cell assay for peptidoglycan biosynthesis inhibitorsMaria D F S Barbosa
Department of Antimicrobial Research, Bristol Myers Squibb Pharma, Wilmington, Delaware 19880, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:943-6. 2002..The pathway assay used in conjunction with assays for individual enzymes provides an efficient means of detecting and characterizing novel antimicrobial agents...